“Odessa”

Odessa Private Tours
Ranked #2 of 37 Tours in Odessa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: I would like to spend a sunny day taking you to the many fascinating places in Odessa! My tour will not only take you to famous locations that all travelers visit, but also to places usually seen only by the people who live here! We can help you experience the real Odessa: a city with intimate courtyards, a romantic ambiance and a Mediterranean spirit that evokes a feeling of peace and happiness with reminders of its past “golden age”.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I spent two days in Odessa with Yuriy, who went out of his way to show us the sights. The catacombs were really unusual--a part of history that we had known nothing about. We also enjoyed the city tour with the opera, museums, seaside and especially the wonderful market. Yuriy was an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and professional.

1  Thank Claudia H
There are newer reviews for Odessa Private Tours

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time in Odessa with Yuriy. This was our first time to Ukraine and we were not disappointed. He arranged for us to tour the Catacombs which was extremely interesting. Fortunately, we were the first to arrive for the day so it wasn't crowded and we weren't rushed. We learned so much about Ukrainian WWII history. Yuriy also arranged for us to have lunch at a traditional Ukrainian restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was vibrant! It's always fun to dine with locals (I would highly recommend the fish cooked over a hot coal :)) We saw many other interesting sites of the city throughout the day, including the beautiful Opera House. Yuriy's love of his city really comes through his personality. Please consider booking a tour with him if you are in Odessa.

1  Thank flennee
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I booked Odessa Private Tours through Yuri 6 months before our cruise to the Black Sea. He was very professional during our email contact. Due to the ship changing our arrival in Odessa I cannot thank Yuri enough for the extra contact especially helping me to also contact our guide in the other 2 ports with the change of arrangements. Our guide met us on the wharf both days and was very professional and easy to understand. We did the city tour on the first day then the catacombs on the second day. When visiting the Ukraine you definately require doing a tour and I can highly recommend Odessa Private Tours.

1  Thank AdelaideJulie
Reviewed 18 October 2013

What a great tour of Odessa with Yuri. A well spoken young man who is a true professional. He was very informative as his knowledge of Odessa was remarkable. Yuri was sensitive to the requests of our tour members. He even took us to a street side restaurant that gave us a sampling of Ukrainian food. You won't be disappointed in choosing Yuri as your guide!

1  Thank Gerry P
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We arranged a tour of the catacombs through Get Your Guide. Because our cruise ship was not able to dock in Yalta, our arrival in Odessa was two days earlier. I contacted our guide, Yuri Bochkarev and he was able to accomodate our change in plans. We met Yuri at the cruise ship terminal and on our drive to the Catacombs he pointed out many interesting sights in the city. His knowledge of the Catacombs was amazing. Our group of four was so pleased with his tour and how he answered all of our questions. On the way back to the pier, Yuri took us to the monument of the Unknown Sailors, which we didn't see on our walking tour the previous day. I highly recommend that any visitor to Odessa contact Yuri for his extraordinary tour of the Catacombs of Odessa.
Anne from NYC