Palace Del Mar
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I stayed for 6 days in this hotel. We booked a standard room with balcony, ground floor, facing the pool area. The room is spacious and the bed is large and comfortable: the furniture looks quiet cheap though, so I would not rate it a as 5 stars. The property (a former villa) is surrounded by a beautiful small park with different type of trees and flowers. The pool area s really nice. Few minutes walk to main Arkadia restaurants and clubs.

The staff and service:
If you are not a Russian speaker, you may have some difficulties communicating with the staff, since their English is poor. The personnel seemed to me very "shy" (hardly smiles) and some waiters appeared to me a bit rude. This is only my personal impression as non Ukrainian. The people at the reception are however very professional.

The clients:
most of the clients were from the former Soviet Union countries. Honestly I was a bit shocked by the behavior of some individuals: you would expect to see these people everywhere but not in a 5 star hotel. They had no manners at all and were shouting at the hotel staff...no wonders why the waiters are shy. So if you are westerner, you may have some interesting cultural experience staying at this hotel.

Value for money: the hotel is nice but definitely overpriced!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Vadalmar

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

A former private villa this mini hotel is most likely the most expensive in Arkadia but makes a big change from the typical cheap hotels and apartments in the area. You can walk directly down a private staircase to Arkadia so is 5 minutes to Club Ibiza. It has a great private pool, all the food was excellent and rooms have large bathrooms with balconies. The staff were all very well trained. You certainly feel like you are away from the masses here. It is only a 20 minute taxi drive to down town Odessa

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank djenk_moscow
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed there for a couple of days and have to say that this hotel is very good. The must is to stay around the swimming pool in the evening. If you turn right just after the exit door and go through the park you'll reach directly the night club area.

Room Tip: get a room with the view on the swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frédéric V
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I spent there whole my birthday week. love it! everything was clean, service was absolutely fantastic. great food and location. my room had a balcony and bed was comfy. staff was super friendly . i will recommend to stay there even it going to be
off season.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natasha-Natalia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I booked this hotel because I needed a place that would accept pets. Surprisingly, many hotels in Odessa did not. The staff was kind, gracious and absolutely accomodating. And this was the entire staff, from reception to restaurant, to gardener and guard. It was off season, and chilly, but still we had an easy walk to the beach, where we enjoyed the sound of the waves, and walking along the sand. The staff even arranged a tour for us that allowed us to take the little dog! The grounds are beautiful and relaxing. The breakfast was adequate, but the coffee was exceptional! We ate our meals at the restauraraunt, and the meals were good. I highly recommend the chicken soup! It is pretty far from the city center, but it was easy to get a taxi to get there. I would book this hotel again. I would further recommend that other Odessa hotels think about accepting pets, as I'm beginning to see more Ukrainians with beloved little dogs.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea are a bit pricier, but in my opinion, very well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

A very nice Hotel, located a little outside of centre !
Fantastic service and okay English speaking personal !
Room were very big and very nice ! And a fantastic shower !
The televison chanals are all in Russia ! It’s the only minus I can think of !

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with trip.ru
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I think I've been there in the wrong season, but I'm sure that in summer it's a beautiful place, near the shore.
The architecture of the hotel in very interesting and elegant, the service is pretty good; it's just a pity that the staff doesn't speak english fluently.
I read that the rooms have view on the Black Sea, but my room wasn't, so sad. Anyway I had a sweet balcony.

Rooms are comfy and elegant.

Room Tip: perfect for summer vacation.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business