“Worst hotel organization”

Odessa Hotel Complex
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Odessa
“Worst hotel organization”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Bad service and efficenty of staff, also the breakfast was very insuficient

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Fanfau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Don´t go this hotel. It was absolytely dirty. I have stayed in hostels and I did´t exept five star service, but....
I stayed one night and then changed to hotel Yunus. In Yunus you have to share a bathroom with other room, but it is a real hotel compared to this ...hole.
In OK Odessa the "bathroom" was in terrible condition, the shower pluming made noise, there was a gun hole in the window, in my frend´s room he saw a cockroach...

Breakfast was served in the cafe downstairs but it was very odd. I did not like it (and I am not picky) but my friends thought it was ok. Well, and the WiFi worked in a lobbybar.

I saw a glimpse a public toilet in a lobby, but it was so dirty I did not go in. When travelling in Ukraine you have to be used to those "hole" toilets, but I can´t even describe how filthy this was.

Like the other rewiewer said, shame that I did not took pictures...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Traveller2703

Travellers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Yorkshire
Reviewed 8 October 2008

We arrived at the hotel at 2am, needless to say, we were tired and just wanted to check in and go straight to bed. That is until we saw the room. Now I am not a hotel snob, I stay in hostels regularly, but the room I got was not the room I had been sold.

We were supposed to have a double room with tv, phone, shower etc. The pictures on the site indicated this and there was nothing to suggest that the room in the pictures was a superior room, so we assumed ours would be the same. Not the case.

We were given a room with 4 single beds and a desk. Not clean beds either, the one I briefly sat on had a suspicious looking yellow stain on it. I saw a large woodlouse next to a crack on the wall and the floor did not look as if it had been swept for days. The tiny bathroom had a toilet in but again it did not look like it had ever been cleaned. There was no tv or phone as promised.

I went downstairs to ask to change rooms. The young girl on the desk began to sort this out, fetching another key etc, when from behind a screen in the office her supervisor hissed something in Russian, after which the young receptionist apologised but said there were no spare rooms left.

After this I went back to the room to collect my boyfriend and my case and checked out and stayed at the Londonskaya hotel, expensive but by 3 am in the morning it was worth every penny just to get a decent nights sleep and a clean bed.

I appreciate that in the early hours of the morning, when tired things may look worse than they are, and the young girl on reception did everything she could.

I also have a theory that the higher the floor the worse the rooms got - we were on the forth floor out of five, as the corridors got progressively more modern looking and cleaner the lower the floor number I think maybe the hotel is being refurbished. However I don't recommend this hotel based on what I saw. It is a huge regret that I didn't take any photos of the room.

• Liked — The nice girl on reception
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank minx1984
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Information about hotel amenites was wrong. I stayed in the hotel 2 weeks and had many problems due to the absence phone at the my room .
Administration explained that no phone service at the any room.

Stayed August 2008
6 Thank IrinaVlasova
Travellers also viewed these Odessa hotels
Arcadia Hotel
#26 of 81 in Odessa
Hotel Mozart
Hotel Mozart
#27 of 81 in Odessa

Been to Odessa Hotel Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Odessa Hotel Complex

Property: Odessa Hotel Complex
Address: Haharinske plato vul. 5, Odessa 65009, Ukraine
Region: Ukraine > Odessa Oblast > Odessa
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Odessa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Odessa Hotel Complex 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Odessa Hotel Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.