“Bob is Now Mike”

Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Alanson
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Bob's Place is midway between Petoskey and Mackinaw City on US 31. We have great food and drinks at reasonable prices. Additional snowmobile trailer and truck parking in back or across the street.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We'd frequented Bob's Place sporadically throughout the years prior to the new owner. We didn't even know the place had been closed & re-opened under a new owner until stopping there 2 days ago. Glad we did! We ordered the loaded wedge salad & beef stroganoff special. Large helpings, attentive waitstaff, clean surroundings. Will definitely eat there again.

1  Thank rychrlim

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have been a Bob's Place customer for a few years now. I was sad when the restaurant closed two years ago. I'm very happy now that it re-opened! Its under new management.
I will begin by giving the new Bob's Place a thumbs up for their fish fry. The fish is very good for an average price.
The other meals I have had have been not as good as I had hoped.
1. The portions are small. I had cole slaw with my meal and it was no more than 2 fork fulls.
2. The burger I had was not flavored well at all. Won't get that again.
3. The wet burrito, which the old Bobs place was well known for, was terribly seasoned and not good.
4. I had a side salad that was no more than five bites..
5. The beer and liquor prices are overpriced. It was nice to go in before for an afternoon and spend awhile having a few cocktails. It will now break the bank.
6. The restaurant has never been super fancy. There has been nice improvements done.
7. Food prices a little pricey for what portions you are getting.
8. Nice staff. Very attentive!

With new ownership there are always changes which is a good thing. I hope these few issues are worked out. They haven't been re-opened for very long. Bob's Place has always been a comfortable setting for a meal. Not many other places to go in Alanson.

1  Thank Clark W
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Onion rings are awesome! Great fish and chips and huge sandwichs and salads! Service was very quick and they were eager to please. The decor is very clean and " up north" style. I hope they do well. Food prices are great but its not the old "bobs place" prices on liquor.

1  Thank Chefskinner
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This Great Old Restaurant is now Closed! This was one of our Favorite places to dine at Bargin Prices! The Owners Husband died and she couldn't make a go of it without him!

1  Thank Sandy4343
Reviewed 5 January 2012

A long time establishment in Alanson, Michigan. Usual fair but awesome service and very friendly staff:)