Apartments Nikolla
US$204
US$188
US$134
  • Breakfast included
B&B Kastel 1700(Split)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
Hotel Luxe(Split)
US$215
US$189
Travelocity
Palace Suites Heritage Hotel(Split)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$104
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommunal kitchenother guestsstayed here for nightsthe ownerold townmaphostelapartmentcentrekeyscafesheartharbourstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hostell Nikolla, Ante Kovacia 6, just off Plinarska near the national theater. There is a yellow sign on the wall at the intersection of Knovacia & Plinarska). Turn left up the alley Kovacia for 10 m and look to your right and you will just see another yellow sign at the entrance of the hostel. Finding the hostel was the only difficulty I had with the hostel.
I’d reserved a single en suite, but was given a four bed en suite (May is not their busy season). The room was clean, my bed was comfortable, there were plenty electrical outlets, and the bathroom was modern. There is a small shared kitchen which should be adequate even when the hostel is at full capacity. The staff works hard and are friendly. English was spoken and they had excellent city tourist maps. WiFi was generally good. I didn’t watch any TV, but I don’t think they have an English channel such as BBC, CNN, or DW.
While this hostel Apartments Nikolla isn’t widely listed, I can confidently recommend it as a secure, friendly, comfortable hostel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Lovely rooms and very cheap for what you get, three of us stayed in an en-suite 4 bed which we had to ourselves, very spacious, leading right out into the courtyard with kitchen and table out there. Ideally located for a quick walk into the old town. I must warn that you may fall in love with the little dog who nonchalantly wanders around the premises, she is adorable and you can normally coax a little bit of attention out of her with some treats, definitely the highlight of my trip to Croatia! I'll never forget you Roxy!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I arrived late at Split and the hostel I booked doesnt have anybory to receive me. Walking on the street I found this small place.
The owner is very helpful and found two rooms for me, my girls and my friends.
It's very well located, less them 5 minutes walking from the castle. There's a map and she can show you the best laces to go in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Very nice hostel! The hostess was funny and sweet, whenever we had a question or needed anything she was there to help out. Although the communication was not always that smooth, she did her very best. The hostel is located a few minutes walk from the city center, so excellent to plan your trips to Split or daytrips to the islands/many national parks. The common room is outside under a kiwi tree which is just lovely! There is a barbecue which is great to prepare fish bought in the local fish market, yummy! The kitchen is well equiped. The rooms had AC for the hot nights during summer. We simply loved your stay at Nikolla!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JNDsmdt
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've never felt safe to stay in a hostel, but this place.. The lady of the house was so friendly and made sure we will feel like home during stay there. The room we stayed was so clean and spot on. Although, I'm not sure whether it was the stone house or the weather currently there that made the room so humid and chill. Our clothes were moist and started smelling a bit funky after few days but that didn't really matter to us. The sun dried them during the walk to coast cafes.

Only thing that disturbed us was the other quests. Right outside our room was small kitchen in patio and next to our room was cell apartment. Those quests obviously used the kitchen outside and the noises they made early in the morning preparing breakfast or just talking woke us up. Windows were really thin so there was no blockade for sound.

We had early flight back home and She accepted, without any hesitation, our suggestion to deal with it: payed the stay upfront and got our passports back. We just left the keys in the place we decided together.

We will most definitely stay in this hostel again if we travel to Croatia second time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple