“Actual address inside! Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Bajamont

Trattoria Bajamont
Ranked #44 of 354 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York
“Actual address inside! Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

This restaurant has no address on Trip Advisor and it took me about 15 minutes to find it. Funny part is that I ate right down the street the night before.  For starters, the name in the window is Trattoria Bajamont. (no "e"). The official address is vl. Ante Bircic, Bajamontijeva 3. I attached a photo.

The restaurant is tiny and most tables are actually outside. They were fully booked but the waiter was nice and allowed me to sit inside at a small round table in the corner.  He actually set it up for me as I waited (similar to what another poster wrote). Only down side is that the inside of the restaurant is basically an open kitchen with a small area for a few tables.....so it was super hot! I was sweating. But like I said, the large majority of the tables are outside so most won't have this problem. There were only three tables inside when I went - one being used by the owner to count the bills, a small table where a couple sat, and my table.  I suggest making a reservation. The atmosphere otherwise is excellent-tables outside along quite and quaint street.

I ordered the Brodetto fish with polenta (similar to a sea bass per the waiter). It was cooked in a brown sauce with lots of onions. The sauce was sweet and a little spicy at the same time. I loved it.  The fish was whole so I had to be careful for the bones.  Very fresh and very delicious.  The price was also very reasonable. My fish was 100 kuna.  It was well worth sweating through dinner!

They only accept cash so go to the ATM first!

2 Thank fascias

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Split, Croatia
“Excellent fresh sea food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Cosy small restaurant in the centre of Diocletian palace. Very tasty & fresh sea foor. I recommend to visit this small and charming konoba (konoba is type of small traditional restaurant in Dalmatia). Very good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank ana_be80
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best food in Split”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Completely agree with the previous review: our food experience in Split was very mediocre, so when we found a nice place that did look like a tourist trap, was not too expensive and had "normal" food, we were excited to try it.
I had a sea bass that was very well cooked and my partner had a stake that he could stop praising. Service was a tiny bit slow, but then the place was packed and waiters were running off their feet and not standing around chatting and ignoring their customers like in the other restaurants we have been too.
The whole meal: two mains, two glasses of wine, a big beer were around 50 euro which was not by far of from other mediocre pretend Italian places we have been to on the previous evenings. I would definitely recommend this place if you are searching for good food, good service and beautiful setting

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank elenkahu
“A great seafood restaurant with a traditional Croatian menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Delicious, well priced and a great waiter. Definitely go there for some traditional food that's not overpriced despite being near the square.

1 Thank Sara7777_7777
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food I have Eaten in Croatia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Seafood is caught fresh everyday.. Seafood Spaghetti is the best I have tasted. The location of the restauant it great and it has a lovely ambience. Staff and super friendly. I would not go through Split without going to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2011