“Nice appartment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 164 Split B&B and Inns
Os
“Nice appartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a week, in the appartment straight in from the stairs. I travelled with a friend this time, so he slept downstairs where the toilet is, and i chrashed in the sofa upstairs where the kitchen is. Very nice place, clean, everything you want for your stay, wifi was also very good.
If you are a very big person it might be problems to get in and out with luggage, and shower, if not the place is superb.
Only thing i missed was a place to sit outside and relax with a beer, but you are in the middle of lots of resturants, so its just to step outside, find a seat and order a Karlovacki. This place you can stay easy with family of 4, sofa upstairs is big enough for 2 kids.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Yes,cozy is the word,really nice apartment.And just outside the door are all these small pub`s,resturants and cafe`s.And Irina is quite something,warm,caring and helpful!
No doubt that we will be back sooner or later!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

it was really great place and Irina was very kind. specially the view of bell tower through the window in the night was really fantastic. nice place, nice people, nice kitchin and nice food. excellent!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank yuni_zang
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

These apartments are situated right in the heart of the old town off a quiet courtyard. Idyllic settings, beautiful apartments everything you need and more. Irina is the perfect hostess and we would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We decided to stay in the top Trip-advisor recommended B&Bs in each Croatian city, and Salvezani aprartment in Split was our favorite, half due to the old-world charm of the carefully and colorfully decorated medieval apartment, and partly due to the owner Irina, who was so attentive and thoughtful, she was almost like a mother to us. (e.g. after we had to leave on the second night to stay in a different apt due to hers being booked, she still let us come back and do our laundry at her place). She gave us little gifts. She gave my gf a small stone shaped into a house and a "Diocletian" pen, for no reason other than she was friendly. Irina was the most caring, engaging host of anywhere we stayed. We're looking forward to another stay in her charming apartments, whose smallness and neatness only accentuate their finely wrought detail.

Tom and Summer
Tokyo, Japan

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Godalming, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have stayed here three years running and have now stayed in all three apartments. Each is beautifully restored with amazing attention to detail. This year was the first time we met Irina and she gave us a very warm welcome and was very helpful (thank you so much for the lift to the airport!)

The area is lovely with cool shops and bars and breakfast at the cafe opposite was lovely.
We will definitely return to this apartment when we next go to Split

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Sarah S
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed in the apartment for three days in June.

I give 4 stars for the apartment and location and 2 stars for the service and communication.

The apartment is lovely. The location is central and perfect. Less than a 10 min walk to most restaurants and the ferry terminal. Note however suitcases could be an issue due to narrow staircases because the apartment is hundreds of yrs old. So better if you take a backpack.

I have seen people complain about clutter and bathroom being tiny but I had no issues with either of these things. Shower was particularly good.

Onto communication. On email Irina agreed to pick me up from the airport. When I arrived she was not there so i phoned her and she told me she needed 30 mins. So I waited. Then called her again, and she said again she needed 20 minutes and that she would be at the apartment. At this point I realised she had totally forgotten to pick me up, and she had no clue that i was at the airport. As a result I took a pretty expensive cab as had no opportunity to look into transfers. Irina offered to pay me but i felt this would be unfair.

When I met Irina she informed me check in time was actually 2pm and made me feel like it was my fault that she forgot to pick me up. Anyway when I saw the apartment I moved on from this initial mishap as it was quaint and lovely.

After a day at the beach I returned to have a look at the second bed to find it was actually a sofa. I was disappointed as I had communicated prior to booking that we required two beds. When I raised this I was told my standards must be different from Croatians, and that in Croatia a sofa is in fact a bed.

I don't want to make this review seem overly negative as Irina is a nice lady but in addition to running the apartments she also has a full time job so she is too stretched. It felt as though she thought she was doing us a favour by letting us stay at her apartment, which really isnt the case when we are paying guests.

When we checked out she wasn't there so we left the keys in the safe box, we paid the day before to avoid having to wait as we had ferries to catch, and quite a few times over the holiday we found ourselves waiting for her. Two other visitors had not thought of this and in the end had to leave without paying as Irina had not turned up for check out. I guess what I'm saying is that all the waiting around is annoying and adds stress to a holiday.

One other thing - the breakfast is at a cute little cafe. I loved it. Very simple but felt very chic. Nice way to start the day. However like other guests I found it wasn't open on each of the days I was there, so had to pay for breakfast elsewhere.

I would like to finish my review by saying I have since stayed at other apartments in Croatia and my experience was very different. There was no waiting around and they were organised so I don't think my standards were the issue.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HLU82
salvezani, Owner at Salvezani Apartment, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Helen Uri,

Thank you for your second review (Booking & TA).

Our politic is to leave our guests to enjoy in Split, history, morning coffe outside narrow streets thousand years old,beaches, museums, glass of wine, ....

You don't need me during your holidays!

Believe you'll visit Croatia again-there are lot of islands you need see....

Irina-owner of apartment Salvezani