“Helpful staff at Situs hotel”
Review of Situs Hostel

Situs Hostel
Situs Hostel
Ranked #22 of 494 Speciality Lodging in Split
Stockholm, Sweden
“Helpful staff at Situs hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A big thanks to Petar who helped me when I arrived. He was friendly and showed me where to go on the map. Excellent English and very good customer service skills! He pointed out the best trips to do during my stay in Split. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Horst, Germany
Reviewed 21 December 2013

That Hostel uses extra rooms behind a restaurant across the street during summer time. So there was only the shower and the room, no common room or kitchen to use (which also doesnt seem to work , see other reviews) . When I wanted to check out, no one was at the reception and although it was said several times that I had to leave until a specific time. I almost missed my bus. Keep in mind that croatia isnt the cheapest place to stay during summer time but this hostel is not really worth the money. Unfortunately the pricelevel is quite high in Split.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank europlorer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My three friends and I stayed here in June for three nights during a month of interrailing. First of all, it was extremely difficult for us to find, the taxi driver (or his abundance of friends) had no idea where this was, we had to end up getting out and trying to find it on foot! On arrival the host was friendly but quickly informed us that instead of the private 4 bedroom we'd been booked into stay, we were in a shared 6 bedroom. We gave the benefit of the doubt and accepted this but as you pay on check out we came to see that no discount was given or offered when asked. If we had have known that their 4 bed dorm wasn't available we would not have come to this hostel. On the website cooking facilities were offered, one night (after many expensive restaurant meals) we decided to cook instead of going out. We bought food and took it home only to be laughed at and told we absolutely could not cook as there was not actually a cooker, only a small hob (intended to heat water for tea apparently..) Precious budget money gone to waste on false information. On check out day it was 9.50am, 10 minutes before check out time and we were being ushered out of the door so new arrivals could come straight in. It was a long time between then and our night train so asked if we could stay in the hostel for a little while before going out only to be absolutely denied. We had to leave our bags in some sort of outdoor garden which other tenants of the building used. A full 9 hours later we returned to collect our bags and asked to use the toilet before heading off to the train station to be told a very blunt 'no and goodbye.' The other hostel guests seemed genuinely surprised, as did I! The hostel was full at our time of staying and had a very cramped feel to it as it was basically just a 'done up' apartment. The living space was right next to the dorms but the host constantly occupied that area and made it evidently he did NOT want company. Overall, we were extremely disappointed with this hostel. Our time in Split was the only beach-time we had during our whole holiday so we all very much looked forward to it. Despite Split being extremely beautiful our time there was completely ruined by Situs Hostel. I would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book a 4 bed dorm and expect to get it. Hostel intends to fill rooms, they disregard what...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Francesca S
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I only stayed for 1 night, but it was exactly what I needed for my budget; great location to the old town, nightlife and harbour. Great atmosphere and vibe as a hostel should be, and Peter couldn't have been more helpful or hospitable. Thank you!

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We just stayed here for one night and our impression on this hostel was normal to good. It is located out of the old town, but Split is a small town and the hostel is 10 min walk from the old town.
The common area is located next to the dorms so probably could be a problem, but we didn’t face any noise.
The staff is friendly and ready to help.
As there are only 2 or 3 WCs and the showers are in them, it gets crowded at mornings.
We had air condition in our dorm but was no sufficient or not powerful enough. The beds and room were clean and we had lockers in the room. Wifi was offered free.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This hotel has all the essentials from a clean bathroom with a high powered shower head, to a kitchen with a mini fridge. When you get to the hostel, a great guy named peter will help you in and welcome you to the great city of split. He is very easy going and cares greatly about your stay. He took my brother and I in his car and showed us all the best places to go in split, including beaches. If your looking for entertainment in your hostel, then its the place to go. A 40 inch HD TV with a play station 3 with a comfortable couch to sit on and A/C to keep you nice and cool. The beds were very comfortable and were very clean with thick sheets. All and all I very much enjoyed my stay at this hostel and would very much recommend it to any traveller out there looking for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Montreal
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This is not your typical hostel experience. It's more like sharing a flat with a bunch of people. Peter and his mom were very nice and helpful, and the hostel is close to everything you'll want to see and do in Split.

Stayed June 2010, travelled solo