Hotel Diocletian Palace Experience
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsculinary tourwine barfree walking tournon refundablefree transferbooked directlysea kayakingold townhot water in the showerthe buselectric carair conditionerexcellent locationbreakfast was includedroom was spaciousbars and restaurantsstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A new pretty swish hostel in a beautiful city. We booked a double room and were surprised to find that meant a private apartment, great! The agency staff really looked after us, booking bikes and advice on Island hopping after we left Split. Except for the thumping Euro house played in the cafe I'd highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment - same price and lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

My friend and I booked two separate nights here at either end of our trip to Croatia. I was initially confused as I emailed an agency regarding private apartments and the reply came from the Diocletian Palace Hostel. I asked them to confirm that we were definitely staying in private apartments and not a hostel, which they did. On our first night we had a fab apartment with sofa, stereo, tv, kitchenette and double bed. We were told we would have the same apartment on our second stay, however, we're instead given private use of a 4 bed hostel type studio with bunk beds. I was quite disappointed as this is not what we had been promised.

The agency arranged for us to be collected /returned to the airport for 250k each way which was hassle free. We hired bikes for 4 hours for 50k each and the bikes were in good condition.

I would stay at the apartments again only if I were guaranteed the private apartment and not the bunk bed room.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My group of friend's and I stayed here for one night before beginning a sailing trip. It is located within the walls and admittedly the check in lobby and stair way looked very impressive because of it. The room was roomy enough. The sheets were dirty upon arrival, there was no breeze from the window and it was incredibly hot. The shared shower was terrible, one of the showers had no light, the other was over the top of the toilet with no space for clothing/towel to be kept dry whilst showering. At night the bar downstairs was really popular but we did not eat or drink there as we opted for an early night before sailing off.

Overall - average. Nothing special but certainly not the worst place I have ever stayed. It did the job.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were expecting to stay within the hostel but unfortunately we were located a short walk away from it. The apartment we were put up in was small, 2 bunk beds and a very small toilet/shower room which had NO light which made using it VERY difficult (I still haven’t gotten over this). The apartment was clean but not well maintained. The entrance to the apartment is not very appealing either. On the plus side it did have air con. We decided to go back to hostel for something to eat on our one and only night in Split…….after sitting at our table for 15 mins without even our drinks order being taken we decided enough was enough…. A disappointing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

You are enticed in by a 20 per cent discount flyer, but then realise everyone gets this and they must hike the prices up. The food is your average, as in bland, very salty Croation fare. The cocktails are good value though. The wi fi often doesn't work or is very slow. They don't give you tap water, bottled only so they can make more money. Service is typically slow and sometimes you get a half smile. If you go with low expectations, you'll be satisfied. Go with medium to high expectations because the menu 'sounds' good, prepare yourself for disappointment. The Croation hospitality industry in general needs to learn from its neighbours, in my opiniion. Go to a supermarket instead and buy tortellini and a ready made sauce, you'll save yourself at least 75 per cent!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple