Hotel Diocletian Palace Experience
Agoda.com
US$188
US$130
  • Breakfast included
B&B Kastel 1700(Split)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$192
US$165
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsculinary tourwine barfree walking tournon refundablefree transferbooked directlysea kayakingold townhot water in the showerthe buselectric carair conditionerexcellent locationbreakfast was includedroom was spaciousbars and restaurantsstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I booked a night at the hostel to get an early ferry to Ancona and arrived at the hostel with a bit of fever and a huge luggage. Since the hostel is a bit unpractical, as it is an old palace, the staff helped me carry my luggage upstairs and to the taxi, on the next day. They also offered me to print my ticket and gave me indications for breakfast in town.
The hostel is in a very central zone, it's a beautiful building. The rooms are quiet and clean. And the staff was extremely friendly!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2013

we arrived at the hostel at 0830 in the morning but were told we could not check in until 1pm which is fine as as it is a normal checkin time however when we tried to check in at 1 we were told the rooms were not cleaned yet and would only be able to check in at 3pm. At 3.30pm when we finally were allowed to check in the staff said they had over booked the hostel so they would put us up in one of their apartments which we didnt mind. However the room was small and hot and there was no hot water. The next day we were instead put into the very top room of the hostel which was searingly hot and had no air con we did have a fan but i asked for a second one because it was so unbearable. The wifi didnt work all the time and neither did the hot water. There was no kitchen and only one small fridge for the whole hostel. The staff were pleasant and location was great but the heat was not well managed and made it difficult to relax

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Have just checked out of Diocletians palace hostel, and felt compelled to write a review immediately. The hostel itself is easy to find, set within the historic diocletians palace. The setting is very central and close to many bars and restaurants, if this your only consideration then this hostel is a fine choice. However, the actual hostel itself is not so great. The rooms are well set up as you may normally expect, with bunk beds, wardrobes etc. The main problem with the rooms is the searing heat! There was AC provided but with no extractor pipe the hot air was only put back into the room. We had the window fully opened throughout our 2 day stay with no improvement. In a 1000 year old palace I can understand some insulation issues but this was just too much. The lack of a kitchen is also a major lowlight, the only facility provided is a minifridge in the common room. My friend also lost a personal item in the room, and when he rang to report it, he was told they could only respond to email. This was 2 hours after we checked out!

In short I would probably not recommend this hostel to anyone who is going to spend more than a few hours a day there, as the oppressive heat and lack of facilities make it hard to even sleep, let alone spend quality time there.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DeclanMC
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I arrived late on the bus and went to a different hostel, which I had booked through a website. I saw they had a 12am cut off for their reception and so I sent a note. They didn't return it, it was closed and so I was forced to go to the city center for internet. I found Diocletian's Palace Hostel was the only hostel with 24 hour reception. I went there and it was open and friendly. I got a bed for a reasonable rate and the place was clean. Saiya, I hope I'm spelling her name correctly, was there the next day at the desk and helped me find a wonderful place to eat. Fife, it's close and has great food. Also, she suggested a bakery to find fresh burek. I would recommend this hostel to someone wanting to stay close to the port and in the old city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Clayrolfs
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Im a single female travelling alone & the apartment (which is a few mins walk frm hostel) makes me feel like well i will struggle to stay safe at night walking back to it.

The apartment smells musty & toilet downstairs with bed up spiral stair case.

I am actually considering leaving a day early because 8 dont feel safe. If i wanted this type of experience i would have chosen airBnB but i booked via booking.com thinking it would be fine..... ummm not so much

• Stayed: April 2013