“Great Location in a very busy town...”
Review of Hotel Luxe

Hotel Luxe
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Split
Sydney, Australia
“Great Location in a very busy town...”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We couldn't fault our stay at Hotel Luxe in Split. When we arrived at the airport we were picked up by the hotel transfer which cost us about $45 Euro's. We had no idea but Split is a very busy town with a lot going on...

The great thing about Hotel Luxe is it's location, it is only 5 mins walk away from the "Old Town" where all the action is, I personally think that if you were to stay right in the old town it would be very noisy and too hectic.

The facilities at Hotel Luxe are also brilliant, I heard one person say as they were walking past that "This hotel looks like and ipod" and I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. Everything about it is modern, white and very futuristic. They have done a good job to make it look different from other hotels and we found it to be really fun.

There is a beautiful "wellness" centre which has a gym (that looks a bit like a nightclub), sauna, massage room and a huge spa that looks like it is from space! I had a 1 hour full body massage and it was amazing, I would highly recommend to anyone that it was a good $35 Euro's spent.

Breakfast was included with our room and we found this to be a great way to start the day, they had a little bit of everything so we were very happy with the choice.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful, as it turned out we hired a car to drive to our next destination of Dubrovnik and as Split is all "one way" with traffic the lady on reception told us that it would be at least a one hour exercise just to pick up the car from the other side of the old town. She then got on the phone to the place we hired our car and asked them "very sternly" to bring the car to us, which is exactly what happened. It saved us an hour of trying to navigate the streets of Split so we were very happy.

Something that I would like to mention is that when you get to Split (or Croatia in general) it would be a good idea to have some Croatian Kuna, we didn't know that Croatia doesn't really use Euro's as they have their own currency and if you do find somewhere that does accept Euro's they will just do a very basic calculation and round up the price to the approximate cost in Euro's. An easy way to work out the exchange rate from Kuna to Euro is to divide the Kuna by 7.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Luxe and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in a nice hotel while they are staying in Split.

1 Thank AussiesHavingFun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had taken the overnight Ferry from Ancona, Italy last week and directly was able to get a catamaran ferry to Hvar for 5 days. On my return I was spending 2 nights at the Luxe hotel before a bus ride down to Dubrovnick.

As I was waiting in line for the ferry to Hvar I was looking around and just over the main street that all the ferry's and ships dock I saw a sign one street back with it saying "Hotel Luxe". I was very stoked and pleased that when I came back I knew exactly where I had to go but it was only a 2 to 5 min walk depending on your walk. Either way it is right there.

On top of that it is just a few blocks from the main waterfront Promenade and UNESCO site of Split and the old Cathedral and old block city walls hustling and bustling with shops, cafes and restaurants.

The location is perfect.

The hotel itself is also great. Nice modern and very comfortable. I had a nice none view room with nice balcony and good size with mini bar, free wifi, nice breakfast, great staff and comfortable beds all for a nice rate.

A big thumbs up for this to be your spot to stay in Split

Room Tip: Maybe nice to have a port/sea view if here for more than a few days
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank one4fun
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights from 6/28 through 7/1. Arrived by car and was directed to the parking area by a very helpful woman working the desk. Reserved a superior sea view room with a balcony and was very happy with it. The view was wonderful and the balcony was very spacious. The room was very comfortable, had great air conditioning, good beds, good pillows, plenty of storage space, and a great bathroom. Yes, it’s a little weird with the window in the bathroom but just keep the curtain closed and forget about it.

All of the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with a selection of grilled marinated vegetables, fish, meats, cheeses, scrambled eggs, and a variety of hams, sausages, bacon, etc. Free wi-fi and internet but for some reason the wi-fi would not work on my i-touch but did work on my android phone.

There’s also spa facilities that looked nice but I didn’t use them, too much to do in town!

The location was great. Just a few minutes walk from the Riva and the old town. I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Luxe and would definitely recommend it. Also loved Split. A very lively town with a lot to do and see.

Room Tip: Paying extra for top floor with balcony and sea view was worth it
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank m&m56
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here overnight as we were taking a sailing trip out of Split the next day. The location is very good, right by Diocletian's Palace and some markets - can't think of a better place. The rooms were not large but were modern and functional. This boutique-y hotel is trying very hard to be funky and cool, and mostly succeeds. The breakfast was good. Perfect for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you are on the back and high enough, you can see out to the sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Hotel Nicely decorated. Helpful staff. Delicious buffet breakfast. Best is location just outside of old town(no all night noise to keep u awake) n close to main beach. Best hotel in split.....Perfectly clean. Close to harbor.

Room Tip: Big difference in price between high floors with balcony n low floors. Same size....I would opt for...
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Luxe last week for our 10 year anniversary trip.

We had a little bit of a hard time finding the hotel (we had a rental car) but once we did were we ever impressed.

The hotel is right in the middle of it all. The staff is fantastic. The Manager made sure we were happy and was genuinely excited that we were staying at the Luxe.

The hotel is modern, groovy, quiet, comfortable and within a 5 minute walk to old town.

Breakfast was fantastic.

Great place!!!!

Helsinki
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Liked this hotel a lot. Really nicely decorated even though I don't really understand this new trend of using plain glass walls between toilet and the room. I've seen this on some other hotel as well. Anyhow cleaning worked well the service overall was good. Only reason I can't really rate higher is that the room was a bit small and dark (window was really small) and the breakfast which wasn't that good really. Otherwise, highly recommended if you visit Split! If possible, I would give this hotel 4,5 balls :-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple