“Great place to unwind”
Review of Hotel Luxe

Hotel Luxe
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Clean, chik, and well located. Had a blast here, and a great place to come home to after a long day. Felt like a honeymoon hotel. Friendly staff, Rooms had an interesting color scheme, it felt very cozy. My husband and I are sticklers for clean modern rooms, and this was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DCgatorgirl84

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We had a triple room as it was a business trip and we have regretted not staying there for the whole trip as another hotel was previously been booked, but the Luxe hotel is perfect located at walking distance from the harbour and the historical centre. Very good accommodation, clean and nice happy staff. Well done and congratulations from the Brazilian Navy staff and see you all very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MartiniValentino
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Our room was compact but fitted out beautifully, with a balcony overlooking the water, super cold air con (so needed it 40 degree heat). It was modern and quiet. The hotel staff were very helpful with their local knowledge for hidden restaurants in the old town. Breakfast supplied was reasonable and the spa treatments lovely. Perfect location to explore split harbour and old town as 5 minutes walk to the beach and less to the harbour.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nic W
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I so wish I could give Hotel Luxe a better scoring; I was very hopeful.
The location is good: not right in the middle of the city center but right by it and not far from the international bus and ferry stations.
The staff is without fault; always smiling, friendly and willing to help.
Breakfast included a bit of everything but the cheese wasn’t always fresh (the sides were hardened a bit) and the yogurt wasn’t cold
The welcome mat at the door is stained and dirty and gives a bad first impression.
There are 2 steps to the entrance and no doorman to help with your suitcase. The staff I met were all female and a man who seemed to be the manager. I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking a woman for help with my luggage. If you get a taxi or hotel transfer, they will bring your luggage indoors.
Although the look of the hotel is bright and modern, the furniture is kind of cheap, uncomfortable and like plastic.
The room was spacious with everything you require.
The wellness center is tiny. If you must go to the gym on your trip, what they have is the bare minimum. They have a romantic jaccuzi area but it’s really just for a couple. I did get an inexpensive and very good massage there.
So far, so good. Nothing that really turned me off except for two things:
- housekeeping didn’t vacuum everyday (it’s a carpeted room)
- there’s a bad odor coming from the bathroom vent
You enter the room and it smells stale, mouldy and a bit like garlic, not quite sure how to explain it. I asked a staff member about it and I was told that the hotel is connected to a restaurant on the side street and that’s what I must be smelling. It was just awful.

In conclusion, customer care is top notch, breakfast was adequate, wellness center is small, massage is great, location is very good but housekeeping and the smell are an issue.
I would probably stay at Luxe again but I would definitely communicate with hotel directly and inquire about the room location so as not to be connected to the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Katherine B
LuxeSplit, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Katherine B,
I sincerely appreciate your review and I'm taking all notes in consideration and consultation with our staff.
It is not usual that there is no daily vacuuming; it must have been an oversight and I'm really sorry to hear about it. A smell coming from bath vent is solved; it was a technical issue that we found out after you told us and it shouldn't be happening again . Thank you for getting our attention to it.
Should you be visiting us again, I'm sure you won't have the same issues and we'll give our best to justify high quality standards we've set in Luxe.
Thank you ones again for being our valuable guest,

Most cordially,

Josip Culic
hotel manager

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Hotel is small, only 33 rooms, but its is very well located.
The room is well decorated and the view from the balcony is pleasant.
Breakfast is great, staff is kind and always ready to help.
There is a small room for cigar smokers where you can have a nice drink and appreciate the street view.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toninhosampaio
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This is an amazing hotel, although not located in downtown nobody can beat this place. It's a short walk from bus & ferry terminals and just across the gate into Split downtown or Riva street.
Modern style decoration in rooms and stylish ultra-clean bathrooms. We had a small terrace with views over the harbour, just perfect at sunset. Bed was fine but we would like a single one intead of twins together and we loved the colourful carpet.
Staff is very polite and speaking better English than me. Breakfast is fine although there are few tables we always found an empty place.
I loved the nice details like music in the room , free wifi, comfortable chaise-lounge at room or magazines in the hallways. There's a spa too but we hadn't time to enjoy it, Split has a lot of things to see and do.

Excellent value for money. Other hotels inside Diocletian's Palace are more expensive with less service. I would recommend to anyone visiting Split.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Hotel Luxe not only is in a great location near ferries, buses and close to the waterfront but is also very clean with friendly staff
The hotel is a bit faux modern but well designed with lots of natural light and views of the habour. It is well maintained with crisp white linen and towels that dry and not just move the water around.
The staff were very friendly and could not be more helpful. The Luxe ticks all the boxes of a great hotel.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views