“First impression - very good”
Review of Konoba Hvaranin

Konoba Hvaranin
Ranked #121 of 402 Restaurants in Split
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I just came there once for a brief lunch. It's rather expensive place in comparison to other small and homey places in Split, but the black risotto that I had was really worth it's price. It's based on dense black sugo with nice pieces of squid and cuttlefish. It's served with very soft and warm buns. The house wine is a bit pale, but I didn't have a lot of ambition for wines at that moment. The wine list guarantees better experience. So, I might go there again.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We ate here in June on our honeymoon and highly recommend it. It is a lovely, warm family restaurant and you can tell everyone working there really cares that you have a great meal. The fish soup and octopus salad was delicious, and both were very generous servings for the price. But the highlight of our meal was the green tagliatelle with clams, which was one of the best pastas either of us have eaten - excellent homemade pasta and a huge amount of the freshest clams you've ever had. We would go back in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We came to this place by accident. However it turned out to be one of the amazing meals we had in Split. It looked a bit suspicious in the beginning because we were the only table in this place with an old uncle who appeared to be both waiter and cook. But we were all happy with our food. Thanks to the uncle! I ordered fish soup as starter and grilled trout as main. I found the grilled fish average but the soup very delicious. Not only the broth was well-seasoned, the uncle generously put a lot of fish and crab meat in it which made this dish quite filling and could be my main course. It's one of the best fish soup I've ever had so far!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I've been countless times to Hvaranin and I've never been disappointed with it.
The fish is absolutely fresh, squids (from the Adriatic sea), sea truffles and
giant Red Mullets are coming directly from the local fisherman’s on daily basis.
Hvaranin has also an excellent meat based traditional dish called Pasticada served
with home-made gnocchi, it is not so easy to find a good Pasticada in a restaurant,
so if you want to try it, this is the place. If you have sweet tooth you have to try
the traditional pudding called rozata. The place has six tables, so you need to book
in advance on high season especially for dinner time. The atmosphere is very relaxed
and intimate along with the perfect and friendly service. Hvaranin is definitely a
place where to have a slow food experience in the beautiful Split.

1  Thank PhillipBailey
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Nice restaurant on the edge of the old city centre. Typical croatian kitchen. Very nice goulash and marinated meat, big pile of langoustines , both times visited there was no room for desert.
Friendly personnel, menu also in English. Reservation might be needed, it only a small place with few table.