“Excellent”

Ranked #36 of 186 Split B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

These rooms are very centrally located, clean, and much more stylish than a lot of Croatian apartments seem to be. We felt (particularly after the accommodation in Hvar) that they were actually 'luxury' in feel and good value for money. This place was the only one, for example and obvious though it may sound, to provide information on the location! The only slight downside was a sluggish internet connection.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Female travellers should not stay here. I was woken in the middle of the night by footsteps in my room and the door eventually being closed behind someone. An intruder had broken in through the electronic lock on the door while I was in bed - stunned and terrified of what was going on. In the morning I discovered that all the cash had been taken out of my wallet that was in my pants on the floor.

The owner at first refused to call the police saying he was concerned about other guests being disturbed by them, until I insisted – pointing out that one of his guests had actually just been robbed and he had an obligation to. The police would not come to the hotel and I didn’t have time to report to a station.

He also appeared to refuse to accept what had happened claiming it was impossible as each door had an individual electronic card for access. This in itself is a serious concern given that the security issue hasn’t been solved, he is not interested in solving it, and could easily happen to another guest.

I refused to pay the bill for the two nights stay – he had not ensured my safety and security in his hotel, the cash I lost was more than the cost of the stay, and there was no way I should be having to pay his bill. His response to this was to chase me down the street while calling the police who in turn stopped me getting on a ferry.

The experience I had was about as bad as you can have in a hotel, but worse still was the response from the owner – avoid this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
12 Thank Paul K
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights 16-18 June and we were really pleased with our choice. The location was superb and the room was lovely, clean and modern. The hotel arranged pick up from the airport for 35 euro and the taxi driver even carried my case up the 3 flights of stairs! There is no breakfast room however they lay out fresh fruit and handmade biscuits in the corridor so you can help yourself, and will bring green tea to your room in the morning if you want. The lady who runs it is really helpful giving us loads of tips and advice for our stay. All in all a good stay and would definitely recommend.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Free Internet, free fruit and snacks, nice size apartments, great bathrooms!

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I have just spent a two night stay at MLR and were very pleased with our choice. The couple that run the place are super friendly and helpful and the homemade sweets they leave in the corridor for the guests to help themselves to really go a long way to adding that personal touch. As mentioned in other reviews there are 6 rooms in the one converted apartment, each with their own bathroom. The room we had was modern and small with no view but the place was spotless and the bathroom had the best shower which was perfect after a long day walking in the hot sun. The rooms had everything we required and we didn't mind the three flights of stairs at all. The location was perfect for a short visit to Split as we were right in the heart of the action, moments away from the Promenade, Old Palace and old town and five minute walk to the boat to Trogir and ten to fifteen minute walk to the bus to take you to the airport and main port. I would have given this place five stars if the room has been bigger but for two nights this place is perfect. Beats many hotels we have stayed in on both quality and service and if we were ever to return to Split we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible request a room with a view although this might cost more
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Small (only 6 rooms) family-run hotel. Friendly service and excellent location - walking distance to "everywhere". There is not a lift in the building which may be a problem for somebody (hotel is located on the 3rd floor).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bol, Croatia
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Awesome location. Good Price. Comfortable rooms. Absolutley amazing staff who bend over backwards for you (found out ferry times, the connecting bus to the ferry etc) made a hotel booking for us, restuarant recommendations.

Only minus was there was not always someone there to assist. Their 'office' is smaller than a broom closet and staff are not always there. The internet was out (last night) and we could not find anyone to assist with the problems. they were very apologetic this morning but it would have been nice to have been able to sort it out last night.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple