“A surprise!”

Ranked #77 of 363 Restaurants in Split
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Croatian, Seafood, Mediterranean, International
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
boston
“A surprise!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Yes, this place is certainly difficult for a stranger to find! Well hidden behind a parking lot and the cab driver had never heard of it. And when we got there it was pretty empty at 8:30 and we were dubious about our choice for dinner (from TA reviews). The rather huge menu was a little daunting too. But I have to say our meal was absolutely delicious and everyone was very nice, even if there was a basketball game going on on the TV in this nicely table-clothed dining room. My grilled squid with roasted vegetables was the best squid I had on our whole trip and believe me, I had a lot of squid. My husband had the fish in truffle sauce and it was equally delicious. Turned out to be a great experience. More people came in later too. But we needed a cab to get us home.

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
  • Serbian first
Split, Croatia
“Best food in Split”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place has the best food in town, with great service and menu choice. It is hard to find if you are not from town, but you need to try :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Antonio S
Zagreb, Croatia
“Excellent fish restaurant! ”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I was here on a business dinner and was very impressed with this plave. Everything was made perfectly. I had grilled calamari among the best I ever tried. I definitely recommend this plave also because the staff is friendly and professional.

1 Thank Lex3210
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Excellent food, lots of different menu.Great pasta and meat dishes The chef even prepared a meal for us the way we asked, that wasn't on a menu and with no extra charge.The service was friendly and efficient, with professional waiters who spoke good English. The wine selection was also good. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
“This is telling you a citizen of Split”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

When you come to Split,best solution is this restaurant.Why?Because you will get large portions of delicious food,great service and all that for reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2012