Hotel Jadran
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewswater polosun loungersold townstay there againdiocletian's palacetaxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2011

When I booked this hotel, which looked very nice on the internet for the rate of 90 eur/night/2 people, i thought, would be a good deal as hotels in center of Split were expansive. However, this hotel is the reflection of the communist era. Once this hotel has been very nice, in 70's but does not meet any of the standards these days. Everything from the reception, rooms, breakfast area is very outdated and uncomfortable. It need serious investment to make it up to today's standards. Staff is unfriendly and the breakfast very poor. Very cheap items provided, nothing that you would expect when you pay 90 eur/night. Also it is far from the center. I dont mind the walking, but the area that you go through is not so nice, One walks through a construction site along the water front. Plus the area is very smelly, one smells sewage, and garbage all over. Nice part is that the hotel is on the waterfront and one can enjoy a refreshing swim in the sea. The water had fantastic temperature in August. We have survivied, but would never return to this place even they would be asking 10eur/night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank alespesl
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Jadran for 9 nights in August and arrived with some trepidation after reading the bad reviews. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a clean (and ok, basic) hotel, with great views of the sea and pools. The staff were very friendly and the room clean with a bathroom that was fine (i.e. a glass door to the shower - no dreaded shower curtains!). We were travelling with my 5 year old son who loved the kids pool that was large and of uniform depth (up to his waist) which made it really safe for him to explore it whilst still being able to touch the bottom. There were no sun loungers round the pools and swimming lessons were going on some of the time, but we just headed to the bathing platform round the corner and laid out our towels along with the Croatian families enjoying the beautiful clear water.
We ate at the restaurant a couple of lunchtimes and the food was good and reasonable. The breakfast buffet didn't look up to much so we usually went out for breakfast.
In short, if you want a proper Croatian experience and not a usual Costa del beach holiday, come here. Any ex-travellers like ourselves would recognise an authentic gem of a hotel at rock bottom prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room - ours was great
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank SnoCatHull_UK
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The hotel was fine for a short stay. It doesn't look the nicest, a bit institutional and dare I say resembles a prison or an old school. The rooms are like my old university. But it was clean and comfy! The staff were nice and helpful, the cost was reasonable. I travelled around Croatia and stayed in a small variety of hotels, this was less attractive (although our sea/marina/pool view was lovely!) but had good facilities.
Incidently the 'beach' is really a concrete beach with steps leading into the water. You can't really stand up in the water (too many rocks and too deep) but the water is lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea/marina view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed at Hotel Jadran in Split before getting on a sail. It was the most horrible hotel I've ever stayed in. The place is run down, grotty and I had bites on my legs from the bed. The towels were dirty and the roof of my room was falling apart.
When I arrived they took my passport and refused to give it back even though my room had been paid in full before I got there. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it to ANYONE. It is also nowhere near the Marina where the sailing tours leave from. It's a 10-15 minute drive and I waited half an hour and could not get a cab. The receptionist on the desk that morning very kindly drove me to the Marina so that I wouldn't miss my boat.
Hotel Jadran is horrible.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Emma T
Reviewed 21 August 2011

we chose this hotel for its location and ease of access for one night on the way back to the airport. on that basis it was good however the accommodation was very tired and not very clean. the breakfast buffet was the worst since a penzance b and b 15 years ago. it was also not that cheap

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
3  Thank olgiati