“Would stay here again”

Radisson Blu Resort Split
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We had a great stay in this hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and the hotel temperature was the same throughout the hotel. Our room was an adequate size but some of the rooms looked small so I would pay extra for space if you are staying for a week. Breakfast was also to a very high standard . The beach deck area and separate beach bars were a lovely place to sit. The pool area was good but we did not go during school holidays so it wasn't busy in the pool.The reason I have not given this review a better rating is because the hotel is basically on 3 levels. The hotel is on the top level and the beach and bars on the bottom level but the middle level which the hotel do not appear to own is not very tidy and needs landscaping. Also there is a development being constructed which when finished will blend in with the view but at the moment I would definitely call it an eyesore which detracts from the view. Having said that I would stay here again. It was easy to get a bus or taxi into Split. We had easy days out to Trogir, Brac and Hvar. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful but we were told by one staff member that it would not be possible to do a day trip to Hvar town because the catamaran times meant that you had to stay in Hvar overnight. Infact we caught the 8 30 ferry to Hvar island and the bus to Hvar town ( the buses meet the ferries ) and were there for 11 am. This gave us a few hours to stroll around the town and go on a 4 hour sailing trip from 2pm to 6pm. We could have caught the last ferry at 11 30 but opted for the 8 30 ferry just to be on the safe side incase we missed the bus . The bus we went for was full but an extra bus was sent to pick the passengers left behind. One tip is to buy your ferry ticket for Hvar in advance and then get a taxi straight to the ferry terminal because it can be quite a walk from the ticket office.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pinewoods

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This modern hotel lies a few kilometres outside of Split centre. 45 minutes to walk along the waterfront, or 50 kunas for a taxi ride (there were always taxis outside the hotel). Spa, swimming pool, two restaurants, very nice rooms - I do not think I can find anything negative to say about the place. The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was marvellous. Champagne (well, sparkling wine) and omelets made while you watch is hard to beat. We paid around 200 euros pr night for a nice room with sea view and balcony.

The hotel overlooks the sea, and a five minute stroll (down some stairs that may be a problem for those with less than full mobility) takes you down to the pebble beach. I advise you to bring shoes. Again a word of mobility warning - I had to help an elderly woman out of the water. The pebbles and the steepness of the last few meters made it impossible for her to get out. Still, for those of us without such problems the water is cleaner than on the beaches closer to the city. There is also VIP club on the beach, and 200 kunas gives you two sunbeds on the deck, an umbrella and a table, and all the soft drinks and coffee you can drink. Towels are of copurse also provided. This is the biggest plus of the hotel in my book. The beach restaurant is quite decent, too, and quite reasonably priced.

We stayed there for four nights in July before heading off to Hvar. There, the hotel was twice as expensive and less than half as good. If I ever return to Split, there is absolutely no question about where I would stay.

1  Thank Bilsatan
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here for one night after a week on a yacht - partying and not getting much sleep. We turned up at the hotel at around 10.00 and they were able to check us in early. Tiny complaint, the room was actually only half ready when we went in (the beds were not remade) but when we phoned they sent someone up in 5 minutes and sorted it out. In the meantime we headed down to the spa, which was one of the nicest and biggest I have seen in a hotel (and I have stayed in a few). They also let our friend who had a flight later in the afternoon use our room for a few hours to freshen up - no questions asked. We also booked in for a massage each - very nice staff, great massage, reasonable price.

Later that day we took a taxi into Split - always taxi's waiting. You can walk it in about 30 minutes but a cab is only about £8/5 minutes so worth it. The views are great from the hotel, and it is actually nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

On our return we went to the bar for happy hour - 2 for 1 on cocktails, and sat on the terrace outside. We then went for dinner in the grill restaurant - I would recommend it. Food was excellent, big wine list and prices all pretty reasonable. I am sure you could find cheaper at a local restaurant but it was still good value.

Breakfast the next day was vast, fresh and you could even have a glass of fizz, which is quite rare to find. It is also included in the price.

Service was a little slow in the buffet restaurant, but all of the staff were friendly and helpful and I would definitely return on my next visit to Split. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Very nice hotel with great facilities (Spa, beach club, several restaurants and pools). The receptionist were very helpful and the people working in the hotel in general very polite and friendly. The breakfast buffet was superb with huge variaty and the restaurant on the beach very on point.
We had a delux room with a stunning view with the only negative point of a construction building in front of the hotel.
We also tried the dinner buffet and was great value for money with good food and good service.
Definitely, we will recommend it to anyone either to enjoy a weekend or a longest stay!!

1  Thank AndreaW2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I made last minute reservations at this hotel to spend some quality time together at the beautiful Croatian coast. We booked Deluxe room and could not wait to start our vacation. Imagine our surprise when the view from our room included half built huge building to the right of the hotel. Terrible! The room was clean and daily made to a very good standard. The hotel has parking, but to our surprise we had to pay extra to park there, or we could have parked on the street away from the hotel. The breakfast spread was fantastic and we enjoyed it every morning. However, skip the buffet dinner, it is overpriced and low quality. One plus, was Fish BBQ that was worth the money. The beach was very nice and probably the biggest plus of the hotel. I am surprised that we were not told about the beach at the hotel, we almost had to discover it on our own. The receptionists in general could offer us very little information about anything... ferry schedule, ATM... All in all, the hotel is nice, but not 4 star nice. Too expensive for the level of customer service and the view of the half built atrocity that is viewed from almost every room with the sea view. The waiters were polite and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nhelixon
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have to say, I am very disappointed with the service in the hotel. I initially arrived July 09 and stayed for 1 night prior to a job. The room was a standard with "park view" though the balcony did indeed have a view of the sea as well. Room was modern, clean, and spacious...no real complaints there. Check in was also smooth. Dinner that night was in their "signature restaurant" Caper grill. My girlfriend ordered steak + grilled vegetables while I ordered sea bass + grilled vegetables. It was all too salty!!! Though the waiters, albeit a tad slow, were quite pleasant. That night, we decided to order breakfast in the room the next morning since we were leaving early and set the time of delivery at 6:50am. By 7:20, and three phone calls later, we did not receive any breakfast!! Another 2 phone calls later, they said the food was on the way but that they didn't receive our order. We ended up receiving 2 breakfasts around 7:45 and when I opened the door to get the food, I found the little order paper STILL hanging on my door. Apparently the person who was supposed to do their job and collect room breakfast requests forgot to DO THEIR JOB!! Needless to say, the breakfast, which was supposed to be for 2 people, was more for 1 person quantity wise.

I am now back again for another 5 nights, while other family members stayed put the entire time. They, too, had problems...housekeeping forgot to make their rooms a few days, and even after a few phone calls, the rooms were still not made. Not to mention that they did not get the deluxe room they reserved, but rather a standard.
Check in tonight was appalling. My father made a reservation for me for tonight (since i came back 1 day earlier) personally with one of the reception guys 2 nights ago. Some woman greeted us only to inform us that the reservation was not in their system and that there were no other rooms. My father made a big deal of this but the woman didn't seem to care and only kept saying there are no other rooms. In the meantime, I went on a few booking sites (booking.com, expedia.com, lastminute.com), and discovered that you can actually book multiple types of rooms at that exact moment so the reception woman must have fabricated this lie. The woman was surprised when I showed her my phone with the possibilities to book. Usually, if it is their fault (aka, NOT typing in a reservation), they should take the responsibility and at the very least offer upgrade. But no. This woman was rude, raised her voice, and just said that there were "no rooms". I am now in an economy room with truly outdated furniture and in a separate area of the hotel for 200eur. RIP OFF!!! i requested to talk to the manager, but the woman just shrug that request off, laughed and said...you can talk tomorrow. What kind of service is this?!?!!?

I can only imagine what other problems await me in the next 4 days. Tomorrow I will switch to a deluxe room. We will see how things go, but I have no expectations.

This is ridiculous. This much rudeness, arrogance, unprofessionalism is unacceptable at 5* hotels. I've been to a few Radisson hotels and NEVER have I experienced such poor service. Something really needs to be done because they will lose guests.

I DO NOT recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: There is no real