“great hotel, excellent service, nice pool”

Radisson Blu Resort Split
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 22 August 2012

this hotel is little bit away from the old town but as we had a car, it was no problem. the hotel is very nice and the pool area is excellent. One thing that stood out so much was the excellent customer service by the front reception and the restaurant etc. it made such a difference to have such fantastic staff. The beach is a short walk and was excellent. Unfortunately, we only had one night stay but we truly enjoyed the stay at this hotel. it is probably more catered for couples but we had two rooms for us 2 adults and 3 children. The breakfast was lovely too. We will be back here next time!

1  Thank happytravelforfive
Gostoprimac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your lovely review and for staying with us.
We are happy that you and your family enjoyed it...once you plan to come back please do not hesiate to drop me a line or to call...it is my pleasure to help you and to welocme you soon back in Split

Best regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here for three nights in peak season, mid August 2012. Had no reservation, walked in, got great rate for accessable room (only one left, the place was very well booked). We spent a lot of time at the pool area which is very quaint. Staff at pool very attentive, great food and great cocktails, absolutely fairly priced. Generally, hotel staff were uber-friendly going to great lengths to ensure our comfort.
Breakfast choice and freshness impeccable, great shady terrace with a view and mellow music.

Parking is not free at the hotel but there is a garage to park the car in the shade. Since the hotel is slightly out of town (just up from the Znjan bay area), there is plenty of free parking just up the road. There is a bus from the main road (Poljicka cesta), which is 5 mins away on foot. The bus runs into central bus terminal, takes 5 mins.

Free WiFi. Rooms, showers, everything was spotlessly clean.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your positive review and your feedback.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to have you back...why not return in winter for a relaxing SPA break...we are offering good deals there as well...

If I can be of any assistance please let me know!

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights which was booked last minute based on good reviews from TripAdvisor and i wasnt disappointed. The place was spotless, the service excellent and the food (especially the breakfasts) were consistently good quality. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank Simon B
Gostoprimac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your positive comment! We are very happy to read about it and I passed your positive comments to our breakfast staff especially :)

Reviewed 20 August 2012

On our way back from 2 weeks of island hopping on a boat in Croatis, we spent our final day at the hotel by the pool and enjoyed the facilities of the spa ( jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room, massage..) and the great cocktails and food of the pool bar. We had a day to kill , while waiting for our overnight ferry to Ancona and The Radisson Blu made that day very pleasant.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

we are happy to read that you enjoyed our Resort.

Believe me one thing: You cannot only "kill" a day or two here...you can enjoy a great adriatic holiday experience in our award-winning resort!

Please let me know when you are coming back a bit longer and I will be glad to help you with your booking.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Amazing resort. I regret cancelling our original booking in a senior suite. We instead stayed at Hotel luxe which is rated number 1, but really is nowhere as near quality standards and buzzing atmosphere of radisson. Don't go by ratings on here. Radisson is definetly the number 1.

We hired a car (waste of money) and drove to radisson every morning for breakfast, beach side relaxation  at Mistral Bar situated on a wood deck, where we hired a sunbed and umbrella for £10 each all day with unlimited free drinks  (mineral water, ice teas, ice coffee, orange juice). You can order other drinks too for a price. The atmosphere is buzzing with people from all over the world. The walk from the hotel to the beach is amazing too. Such great views from the hills as you approach the beach.  It is such a great atmosphere. The staff are very friendly.

There is no sand, just pebbles and lovely rocks, which means your feet stay very clean.

You can swim in the sea, hire amazing pedal boats for £4 (half hour); £6 (1 hour). They are great for  families with kids as they have a slide which allows you to climb up a ladder and slide into the sea.

There was also a huge inflatable assault course which you can bounce or dive from.

You can eat lunch nearby or inside the resort itself. The night buffets are themed and we had Mexican one night which was excellent for vegetarian choices.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank tulvaar

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

we are exceptionally happy that you believe in us as the No.1 choice of Split! And we are delighted to read that you enjoyed our resort!

Please let me know once you make plans to return and I will take care of your reservation with pleasure!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I try never to travel in August.Too crowded and too many unruly children. When will parents realise that not all of us love, noisy, exuberant children. This August I had to be in Split, Croatia for a few days and my hosts booked me into The Radisson Blu Hotel. I paid 425E including breakfast for a corner suite with no balcony (as the other suites had). A suite is a much overused word in the hotel world. This one had a bath next to the bed, a case of design over practabilityand the furniture in the sitting area seemed to be made of white plastic. A curtain hung off the rails for our entire stay. The hotel is clean, and the staff pleasant but the Pool Boys need to be retrained to tidy up the pool area particularly after the lunch serving There is a stunning Spa area with a great indoor pool and plenty of masseurs of both sexes. Something most Spas do not have. Why do Spas think that only female masseuses are required? The hotel also has a children's pool but guess where all the kids were? Yes, in with the adults. The hotel is also too far out of the old town (2miles walk or a 5pound one way taxiride) It has to be said that Croatia is wonderful. Stunning scenery, warm water for swimmimg and architecture to die for in places like Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcula and Split. When I made the above comments to the hotel on checkout they reduced my room rate by 25pc so it is always a good policy to talk through your comments with the hotel directly while you are there. We must all continue to remind management that style is OK but quality and value for money are much more important.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I may say that you are absolutely right - the best for every guest is to talk to us once they are here - as this is the moment where we are able to change things directly and on spot.

It is part of our philosophy to guarentee 100% guest satisfaction - and we are here for you at anytime!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

So many little faults all detracted from what could have been a very good stay. For example:

- I have been here 5 nights already, it has taken until the 5th night for the turndown service to first appear (we are staying in room 603 - junior suite)
- VIP check in for people booking a junior suite - what a joke, there was only one person working the desk when I arrived and when I could finally pick up the key to enter the room -each time it took 10 minutes, despite other reception staff walking by and then disappearing back into their little office room
- twice they forgot to restock the shampoos etc, had to call to get fresh stocks otherwise we would have had to ration the soap! (problem linked to the lack of turn down service as well)
- no rubbish bin in the bath room, I had to request this
- despite 3 people staying in the room, it took until the 5th day when I finally complained that we should have 3 towels not 2
- soap holder in the shower is on an angle which means the soaps keep sliding off when it is wet
- when we got the keys to the room, they said our bags were already there, they warn`t, after 15 minutes waiting I had to call to get them delivered
- walls are paper thin, I can hear both sets of neighbors perfectly when they speak
- very little in the way of porter service - when I arrived with my 2 children (ages 8 and 11), I had to bring all bags in from the taxi to the reception - guess that was all part of the VIP check in service promised when you book a junior suite
- for the duration to date, the curtain has been hanging off 3 rails which are no longer connected - pretty obvious to see, but no one bothers to fix
- decor is cheap, in 2 years, I suspect this place will be falling apart at the seems
- website said mineral water included (that is not until I asked for it on day 2 as to where was it)
- cleaning service is very average, seen better jobs performed in hostels
- speed of service to get a drink at the pool bar or beach bar is extremely poor

On the positives - pools are ok, breakfast was good, view from the room was very good, staff are friendly at least and manager was responsive to my complaints.

Overall - for the price - try somewhere else! very poor value in the end

Room Tip: Go higher to get the views
2  Thank Andrew B

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your detailed review and your feedback.

First of all I may cordially apologize for any inconvenience caused from our side, such as prolonged check/in and luggagre delivery. I would certainly appreciate if you could let me know your exact booking details to furtherly check your comments as from your review I can see that some services you were expecting did not materialize.

It is our true dedication to deliver the utmost and best service as well as to meet our guests's expecations, which we - in your case - did not meet. We are keen to change this and I will be more than happy to do so. Please let me know the above so that I can react accordingly.

Best regards from sunny Split and thank you in advance for your feedback,