“disappointment”

Radisson Blu Resort Split
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The room was ugly and very dirty. The bed had a hole in the middle so instead of relaxing I had backache every morning. The bathroom very disgusting with a considerable amount of mold. Tv is not working every day, so be ready. Then the service - waiters in the main restaurant are ok, but dont speak english or very bad. The so called VIP deck close to the beach is a pure disappointment. The access to the water is throught a kind of old, slippery and dirty ladder, basically very uncomfortable and disgraceful way of getting into the water. Then they charge you 25 eur per day for one umbrella and 2 long chairs with some non-alcoholic over-sugared drinks. You have to reserve your place some days in advance otherwise you will be looking at free-but-reserved long chairs with no place for yourself. Very stupid and old way of managing the whole thing. Stuff is not trying to make things work, they are able to chase you from your place. Bottom line: not worthy at all, you can find better hotels/rezorts for that price, management should think about more civilized and up-to-date way of treating the customers.

Room Tip: do not goin 512
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Luci A
Gostoprimac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your review and your feedback.

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations and I would love to check with you personally what and how things went wrong. Additionally to that I convinced that we can do better - so please take a moment of your time and let me know your thoughts of coming back and I will do whatever it takes to make a trip worth doing.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed in Radisson Blu for a couple of days recently. It is a big and new hotel. You need a taxi to go to the centre – approximately GBP 5-6 per ride. The hotel has its “+” and “-“.

Positives: staff is very efficient and helpful. Nice swimming pool. Great breakfast. Room are very spacious and modern. Free WiFi everywhere.

Negatives: beach is a HUGE negative – basically Radisson has its own private beach, BUT you have to pay for it!!!! I paid more than GBP 200 per night and I still had to pay for beach (I chose this hotel ONLY because it had beach). I think it is a complete RIP OFF!!!!! Radisson should review this issue.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your entire expectations.
I would like to point out that sunbeds and umbrellas are free on the pebble beach for our guests - and I would love to discuss this issue with you personally as I would like to investigate further in this issue. I am appreciating your feedback in this regards.

Nevertheless and anyhow, we are keen to have you back to show you that we can do better.
Please allow me to assist you in your booking procedure for your next stay with us and I ensure you that you won't regret it.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Hotel has a good location near the sea, a little outside the city center. Enough parkingplace. A fantastic outside pool. Welness area is also very spacious. Beach area is very attractive.
Rooms are big enough and modern,but may undergo a refreshment. Staff is very friendly and helpful, but miss a little experience and a shortage of guidance.

Room Tip: I suppose all rooms are the same in the same price category. The highest price for a full seaside. T...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your feedback and for staying with us.
We are excited that you enjoyed your trip.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance once you plan to come back to Split - it is mypleasure to help you making your next booking and staying with us again!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Both my husband and I agree that our trip to Radisson Blu in Split was just perfect!
VIEW
Our suit was on the top floor which is 7, so we had a great view to the sea on the left, a new hotel being build in front and to the right we could we the city. The building site was not active so basically it was just a skeleton of a building.
ROOM
Our room was more like a studio apartment, no doors but the space was divided very smart and we had a living area, a sleeping area, a sort of walk-in-closet area and a bath area. In the living area we had a corner-shaped sofa, a little glass table and a flat screen TV. In the sleeping area was a big super comfortable bed with another flat screen TV. In the bath area we had both a bath tab and a shower which was a fun experience to lie in the bath tub, relax&chat&look out the balcony. There were no walls between the bathroom and the bedroom and pretty much every time we used the shower or the bath we had to wipe up the floor to prevent water from reaching the carpet. Other than that our room was very comfortable, stylish and modern.
BREAKFAST
It was a great variety of things to eat for breakfast: fresh fruit already cut into pieces, eggs, a variety of ham, sausages, cheese, beacon, scrambled eggs, nuts, etc. I love drinking tea in the morning and they had a great variety of tastes. The only down point was the omelet cook. 5 days out of 6 she put/tried to put cheese into my husbands omelet and he is severely allergic to cheese... She put cheese in his omelet on our first day and without saying anything gave it to him saying: "Enjoy!" On the next day when he refused to take an omelet with cheese, she didnt offer to make him a new one. Also there was a great choice of fresh pastry available which we enjoyed with champagne served at the breakfast.
LOCATION
There is nothing to do and nowhere to go in the neighborhood, since the hotel is located about 10 min drive from the Old Town of Split where everything is happening. You can get to the city by taxi or by buss.
HOTEL AMENITIES
Fig Leaf is the main restaurant where breakfast/dinner buffet is served. As well we went to Capers Grill for late lunch/dinner and the food was amazing! In the evening there is live music and a singer performing for diners. We tried Hotels Spa by Anna Simonin and it was a great experience: I had a hydrating face mask and my husband had a long relaxing massage. By the pool as well as by the beach there are aways sunbeds available (by the beach it costs 80 Kunas=11Euros per sunbed). The beach is located outside the hotel area. Its a 5/10 min walk according to how fast one can climb up/down quiet a number of steps. Its a pebble beach, so my husband and I were swimming off a bridge. The reception desk was extremely helpful! Excellent job! They provided us with all needed information as well as helped to plan our trip further. Room service was good and everything in the room was working just fine. While we were staying at Radisson it was my BDay and we came to the room after swimming to find a birthday cake waiting for me with congratulations card from the hotel. It was a fantastic birthday celebration!
Overall we cant wait to come back to Radisson Blu in Split as well as other Radisson hotels. It was a great experience and a perfect trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in 708 and it was a spacious room with sea view as overlooking the city of Split and a new...

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your lovely review and for staying with us.
We are happy that you enjoyed especially our Junior Suite...once you plan to come back please do not hesiate to drop me a line or to call...it is my pleasure to help you and to welcome you soon back in Split...maybe for a SPA getaway in winter?

Reviewed 26 August 2012

As stated in an other review, it feels like your are in an Ikea. Carpeting in our room was stained a lot Otherwise, the room was nice, the pool was amazing.

Again, as stated in a previous review, the beach accommodation is terrible. A few broken chair unless you are willing to go in the VIP section for around 14$ / person. This I find REALLY anoying, for the price we pay for the room, please include the VIP section. Also, in the VIP section they are playing dance music, we didn't care for it but that is our personal taste. Don't go to that hotel if you want to spend some relaxing time at the beach and are not willing to spend additional money.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you for reviewing us and for staying with us.
We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy our beach experience. I would have loved to get to know about this during your stay with us as I would have been able to check and change the sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach, which are included for our resort guests.

We hope you will give us a 2nd chance and I would like to invite you than to our VIP deck, where you have a beverage package included.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Modern, somewhat remote, half decent views, comfortable rooms.
Recent reviews cover the hotel style (modern, cold) and its location (nothing of great interest within an easy walk).
Check-in was efficient and informative. The next day I asked questions of a reception staff member and found her friendly and helpful.
Our standard room on the 3rd floor was comfortable, the bed very good, with views to the nearby high rise flats on the hill side. Once on the balcony, we could get a view of the ocean. Wi-fi for up to four devices included in the room rate. TV has lots of channels, including several German and Italian. Limited English shows (generally pulp American).
I don't know why other reviewers have raved about breakfast. Its stock standard stuff: eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, potatoes, grilled vegetables; cereals; fresh fruit; cheeses and cold meats. This food was not of any great standard, particularly for the claimed status of the hotel: breakfast was OK. Breakfast in August is busy - the hotel is full - so expect queues at the hot food and some table searching.
We avoided the evening buffet and went ala carte. Food was good to very good. The catch of the day was very good though some other dishes bland. Service was friendly but not always informative (we had a Dalmatian cheese platter but the waiter could not tell us what cheeses were on it). Service boarded on being slow. The high prices asked were not justified by the overall food quality and service. Bottled water was outrageously priced - 30Kunas (its 4Kuna at the local Tommy).
The outside pool is adjacent to the breakast/evening buffet area and is pleasant enough. Being on the 1st floor it has an elevated view of the sea (as well as a building site). We had no difficulty selecting sun beds and umbrellas. There is also an inside pool.
Access to the beach is on the ground floor, across a narrow, local road and down some steps.
The hotel was comfortable but didn't excite me. Maybe I was spoilt by a quiet beach for three weeks near Zadar with modestly priced food and beverages.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your review and your comments.

We checked your comments and decided to change the layout of the buffet as well as having a secong "egg station" + more breakfast staff in order to reduce / eliminate queing for breakfast. We understand breakfast as the most important meal and want it to be recognized as the best.

I would love to show it to you in this different way and would appreciate if you could let me know once you plan to come back to check it out!

Looking forward to your feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Came here for honeymoon and it really is gorgeous. It's perfect if you're not interested in exploring outside the walls of resort. We just wanted to relax by the pool. There's a good variety of restaurants and bars within the resort and the food is lovely. There's also several pools, two of which tend to be taken over by families. The third is perfect if you're looking for a but of quiet minus kids. I haven't tried the spa unfortunately. Rooms are spacious enough and spotless. Only criticism so far is that they didn't refill the mini bar.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your review and spending your honeymoon with us!

We are proud that you liked it. I hope you consider us for your 1st Anniversary - wouldn't that be a great tradition to start?