“Fantastic!”

Radisson Blu Resort Split
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 1 September 2012

When I think of Radisson Blu, I think functional, clean and predictable. The Radisson Blu in Split feels like a mini resort right next to the historical area of the city. The staff at the hotel are incredibly kind and helpful, the breakfast buffet where you are overlooking the ocean is ideal, such a nice way to start your day. And my kids loved it. Highly recommend, great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Gostoprimac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your lovely review.

We love it too...and can't wait for you and your family to come back!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I really liked this recent and modern hotel. Beautiful indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sunbeds always available. The sea area is 5 minutes walk. There is a payable VIP area we didn't use, at the two other sides sunbeds and sun-umbrellas are supplied by the hotel for free. Staff was very friendly, speaking good English. Rooms are large and well designed. Breakfast is excellent. In my opinion, could be atttractive even for a winter stay thanks to the indoor pool area . Highly recommended !

1  Thank eylon

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your response. We are exceptionally happy to read that you have enjoyed staying with us...and you are absolutely right...a stay and SPA getwaway in winter would be great think to do :) Let me know once I can help you with your arrangements to come back!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

It took 2 hours to check in - the first room did not have a sea view as booked, the second had a seaview also overlooking a derelict, partially built building & a wet & stained floor (next to the bathroom). The only other option was a small economy room in the older part of the hotel - at 7.30pm we had to take it. The buffet in the evening was very good & so was breakfast. The next day we went sight seeing but it was a long walk into the centre of Split. On returning mid afternoon we decided to use the private beach. What a joke!! It seems that Croatians have a concession to use all beaches. Although the decking area was roped off, people were sunbathing on the rocks at the side & walking onto the decking to use the shower. Why advertise this as a private beach? The a la carte meal that evening was not fantastic as I had to send my fillet steak back as instead of medium it was blue! I just felt that we spent the whole time complaining instead of enjoying a 2 night stay in a quality Radisson hotel.

Room Tip: Check what you have booked. Apart from not getting a deluxe room with a sea view, we also didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
g0st0primac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your review! According to your statements you haven't experienced what we are aiming and you are looking for - I would appreciate if we can talk about and review your experience together in detail in order to ensure that this does not happen again.
Especially in regards to where you have seen us advertising that we are offering a private beach - these are mistakes which do not need to happen. I may apologize for any inconvenience and am looking forward to your feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Hotel was booked for me for a business trip at the December 2011. Staff was very friendly, rooms are clean. Exciting view from the room to the see! Unfortunately I haven't used the pool. Hope to do it next time. The only bad thing is that hotel is far from the city center. But you may easily reach the bus stop that will drive you to Diocletian's palace in 10 minutes. The beach is very close. You'll just need to go down to the sea!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Gostoprimac, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your positive review and for staying with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay on business with us...once you plan to come back please drop me a line or call...it is my pleasure to help you and to welcome you soon back in Split - being on business we have great offers for you making your stay time effective, pleasant and successful!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

The room was ugly and very dirty. The bed had a hole in the middle so instead of relaxing I had backache every morning. The bathroom very disgusting with a considerable amount of mold. Tv is not working every day, so be ready. Then the service - waiters in the main restaurant are ok, but dont speak english or very bad. The so called VIP deck close to the beach is a pure disappointment. The access to the water is throught a kind of old, slippery and dirty ladder, basically very uncomfortable and disgraceful way of getting into the water. Then they charge you 25 eur per day for one umbrella and 2 long chairs with some non-alcoholic over-sugared drinks. You have to reserve your place some days in advance otherwise you will be looking at free-but-reserved long chairs with no place for yourself. Very stupid and old way of managing the whole thing. Stuff is not trying to make things work, they are able to chase you from your place. Bottom line: not worthy at all, you can find better hotels/rezorts for that price, management should think about more civilized and up-to-date way of treating the customers.

Room Tip: do not goin 512
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Luci A

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you so much for your review and your feedback.

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations and I would love to check with you personally what and how things went wrong. Additionally to that I convinced that we can do better - so please take a moment of your time and let me know your thoughts of coming back and I will do whatever it takes to make a trip worth doing.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed in Radisson Blu for a couple of days recently. It is a big and new hotel. You need a taxi to go to the centre – approximately GBP 5-6 per ride. The hotel has its “+” and “-“.

Positives: staff is very efficient and helpful. Nice swimming pool. Great breakfast. Room are very spacious and modern. Free WiFi everywhere.

Negatives: beach is a HUGE negative – basically Radisson has its own private beach, BUT you have to pay for it!!!! I paid more than GBP 200 per night and I still had to pay for beach (I chose this hotel ONLY because it had beach). I think it is a complete RIP OFF!!!!! Radisson should review this issue.

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your entire expectations.
I would like to point out that sunbeds and umbrellas are free on the pebble beach for our guests - and I would love to discuss this issue with you personally as I would like to investigate further in this issue. I am appreciating your feedback in this regards.

Nevertheless and anyhow, we are keen to have you back to show you that we can do better.
Please allow me to assist you in your booking procedure for your next stay with us and I ensure you that you won't regret it.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Hotel has a good location near the sea, a little outside the city center. Enough parkingplace. A fantastic outside pool. Welness area is also very spacious. Beach area is very attractive.
Rooms are big enough and modern,but may undergo a refreshment. Staff is very friendly and helpful, but miss a little experience and a shortage of guidance.

Room Tip: I suppose all rooms are the same in the same price category. The highest price for a full seaside. T...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your feedback and for staying with us.
We are excited that you enjoyed your trip.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance once you plan to come back to Split - it is mypleasure to help you making your next booking and staying with us again!