“High price for beautiful beach”

Radisson Blu Resort Split
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in a deluxe room. The hotel was busy and the service was just OK. When we booked we asked for a king size bed but when we got there we had two single beds made up separately and pushed together. The bathroom tiles were cracked and chipped off in places and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor so we needed to use towels to stop it flooding.
We had dinner in the fig leaf restuarant the first night and it was very ordinary for a high price.
The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of range so it is worth having this included in your room price. It is a long walk into the main part of town so we caught a taxi back to the hotel each time which was about 500 to 600 Kuna. The absolute best feature of this hotel is the private beach and the pool. The staff were really friendly and attentive. Unfortunately it seemed that non guests also thought the private beach was good and it was very difficult to secure a lounge to lie on at the beach deck as there was so many non guests there including a group of local older men playing a card game, smoking heavily and using the hotel's tables and chairs in amongst the guests who were trying to relax. There seemed to be no control over who entered the area. We paid nearly $500 Australian a night for this hotel which is really expensive for what we got. We also requested a late checkout to 1.30 pm well in advance but on the day the hotel said it was not available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick T, Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Jane P

We appreciate the honest feedback and I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations on overall value. On a positive note I am pleased that you were satisfied with our beach,pool and the team.

kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here 3 nights. We booked this place as we wanted pool facilities in Split. The location was 3km walk from Split Old Town. You can catch bus 17 which about 3 stops from Split Centre. There's nothing else in the area to see except a few beaches.

Good points -

1. Great facilities - pool, vicinity to beach, gym, spa/wellness.
2. Pool Bar staff - good service from pool and beach bar staff
3.We booked deluxe room with sea view - the view was more of pool with sea in distant. Good views from the hotel room.

Disappointing points -
1. Hotel room was dated and in need of repair - large crack in bathroom wall with many carpet stains. Appearance was worn.
2. We were provided hardest and very worn towels - was so hard it was painful to dry off after shower.
3. Check In 3pm but we were not able to check in until 3:30pm as the room was not ready. However, when we requested 30minutes late checkout 12pm to 12:30pm, we were declined.
4. Inappropriate behaviour from breakfast hostess.
5. Housekeeping failed to replace shower gel, body lotion and coffee capsules. We had to ring and request for them.
6. We requested sheet to be changed and it was not changed.
7. On first day, not enough sun beds around the pool area.

It was not value for money for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen T

Dear Helents2008,

Thank you for your direct and honest feedback. I am sorry we did not delivery on this ocassion.

sincerely,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I visited Split for the first time and I had the pleasure of staying at Radisson Blu and I have to say I was so pleased with service that I received during my stay. The staff was amazing, the food was great and rooms were very comfortable. Ivan the server at the restaurant is a star!!! I am looking forward to my return next year for a longer stay. Thank you all again for a wonderful experience.

Congrats to you all for a great delivery,

Elli Jafari

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elli J
Monique L, Online Marketing at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Elli Jafari:

Thanks so much for your review. We will make sure to give Ivan your compliments! We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Croatia. service, food, room and bar on the beach is too good! especially to emphasize the service is very nice considering you're in Croatia! sea ​​is clear and separate you from the city. All in all great only flaw is that it is expensive

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Severin Z

Dear Severin Z:

Thanks so much for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to having you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I didn't spend a night in the Hotel, but I spend 5 hours in the Hotel and SPA area to bridge the time until I could fly back home. Everything starts at the reception area and I had a very good first Impression, which continued with very friendly people in the spa area. Everything is very clean and is prepared that the guests can feel confortable.
In the spa area is an indoor poor, whirlpools and an outdoor pool. You can also choose to go to the beach, which I didn't try out.
If I would be very critical, I would stress that the wood in the whole pool area was from high quality but not fixed properly - but these are details which really did not disturb.
I tried the Restaurant on the terrasse not in the pool area and got an excellent Club sandwich. No complaints at all.
I can really recommend the SPA of Hotel, but I cannot say anything about the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear wagnerjoerg1965:

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your Spa Day. We will make sure that our Spa staff as well as our restaurant staff gets your compliments. We hope you will return for a longer stay if your travels bring you back to Split!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great hotel with lovely staff and superb amenities. Location isn't great, we made the mistake of walking in to town which is a good 4k as you snake around the coast. A taxi is 5 mins 5 euro but so not a problem. Very noisy beach area at weekends, seems to attract the younger crowd who like club music. Very modern which is why we weren't keen would have been nicer if it had been more in keeping with the old city. Would recommend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick T, Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Split, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Amanda7164,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations, we hope to welcome you to one of our other Radisson Blu properties in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Surrounding is mostly under construction, and it is far from center. Sea view is lovely, and hotel beach. I would not give 5 stars to this hotel at all. Some parts are finished well, some parts are unfinished or with cheap materials (considering 5 stars)

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ana M

Dear Ana M,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your opinion regarding your recent stay.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to another Radisson Blu in the near future.

sincerly,