“Personalised Service, Great Location, Very Comfortable & Clean!”
Review of Sleep Split

Sleep Split
Ranked #2 of 191 Split B&B and Inns
“Personalised Service, Great Location, Very Comfortable & Clean!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Sleep Inn Split has everything you need and more for your Croatian vacation. Just came home from a short visit to Split and was very impressed by the personal attention and kindness of the owner.
We'll definitely go back to Sleep Inn Split again for the following reasons:
1. Personalised Service by the owner: He personally guided us to an available parking space and took our luggage straight to the room. All we had to do was let him know beforehand when we were scheduled to arrive.
2. Great Location: Diocletian's Palace is right across the street, which was great because we were able to walk to all the main sites. The location is as good as it gets in Split.
3. Very Comfortable & Clean: We had a great night's sleep on the very comfortable bed and we were very impressed with how spotlessly clean the room and bathroom were.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Sleep Inn's location is excellent. It is a very easy walk to Old Town and Diocletian's Palace. The service was warm, friendly and very accommodating. We booked the city suite which was large and comfortable with a great view of Old Town. Everything was very clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but I do not think it is for everyone. First of all, the inn is located on the 3rd floor (4th floor in America) of a very old building with no elevator. It is 4 very long flights of stairs to reach hotel registration. There is no lobby and no real parking. Also it is CASH ONLY, so be prepared.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leon70_11
SleepSplit, Owner at Sleep Split, responded to this review, 8 February 2017
Hello,

Just wanted to update on all the changes since your last visit in 2013.

Elevator/Lift was installed 3 years ago for all our current and future guests, so this has been installed and took time due to getting permits in old historical UNESCO protected Center, and we are one of very few that offer an Elevator for our guests now.

Also, we have expanded and renovated our building in the heart/center of Split City, offering now 8 Luxury Rooms and 3 Luxury Suites which are larger and also offer full kitchens for guests.

We hope you visit us in the future again ! :)

Our Sleep Split Family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sleep Inn Split. The location is in the city centre, which allowed me to walk everywhere and not have to worry about my parked car or having to drive. The rooms are very well appointed, very modern and tasteful. The bed was super comfortable! Some hi-tech gadgets, as well.
I could not find a fault with this place and will stay here again the next time I visit Split.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at Sleep Inn for only one night in a single room. My room was great, tastefully decorated and newly renovated. The bed was comfortable and the location was superb. Very easy 5 minute walk to the centre. Staff were helpful and friendly and assisted with information. I would recommend this place and definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank zoe_z61
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were really impressed with the quality of the rooms at Sleep Inn Split. The rooms are new and very stilish and the place is very close to the Diocletian Palace. The owner is extremely kind and helpful. Would certainly go back if ever in Split again.

Room Tip: The luxury suite is very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Leipzig, Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Well, this one gets really good reviews. And they are justified in some way. But i think this establishment is a bit over hyped, just like the city Split itself.

In fact i think Split is a very touristic city, very overcrowded and totally geared to tourists. I wish you good luck in finding a good, cheap restaurant to eat. It's not easy. Even the recommened restaurant by Sleep Inn Split might have good food, but it's certainly not cheap. Sleep Inn Split fits in the same category. It delivers quality, but feels a bit overpriced.

The location of Sleep Inn Split is not far from the old town (less then 5 minutes by foot). The main station (and main bus station) is 15 to 20 minutes away by foot, the sea maybe 10 minutes (the next beach (and they are not nice) is more then 20 minutes away). The walk to the port takes also 10 to 15 minutes. It's located directly on a road, but i didn't hear much noise from the road when the window was closed (it's actually not too busy).

It's a hard walk up the stairs (and there are a lot and there is no elevator) to the reception area and your room, which will make you sweat for guarantee. As soon as you arrived, you will get a warm welcome by the really nice staff (looked like students), who really try to get you some good ideas for what to do or where to eat or where to go. They are really nice people, though i don't think they run this operation. And they will be gone by 8 p.m. and you can only reach them via phone if you need any special assistance.

Once i got into my room (sinle room i think), i noticed that it was a bit on the small side, it felt even a bit cramped. While the interieur looked stylish indeed, it felt a bit lacking. For instance, the bathroom felt kind of sterile. The shower even had one my most hated items, a shower curtain. Though this one looked clean enough.

The room had everything that i need, including a luggage rack, air con (very much needed), a desk, a wardrobe with a safe, a tv and well, a bed. I slept pretty good and the room was clean, so there is not much to mock about. Actually the room was quite decent, but as i already said, it felt a bit cramped.

Verdict: Well, it's kind of a nice operation, though i felt like i paid a bit much. But maybe it was just the bad impression that i had of the city of Split, that overshadowed my stay at the Sleep Inn. Well, it's more a B&B than a serviiced apartment (an apartment is way bigger in my opinion), so if you keep this in mind, you might feel well serviced.

A last "warning": They don't accept credit cards. Something i would expect from more pricey establishment. They will keep your passport until you hand over the money, which always makes me feel a bit like a criminal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
SleepSplit, Owner at Sleep Split, responded to this review, 8 February 2017
Hello,

Just wanted to update you on the changes since your visit in 2013.

We currently have expanded and offer 8 Luxury Rooms and 3 Luxury Suites which are larger size and with kitchens as well.

Elevator/Lift was installed 3 years ago for all our current and future guests, and we are one of very few allowed to install the elevator in UNESCO protected center.

Our bathroom has no curtain which you spoke about hating, as this definitely was removed after your review 4 years ago.

We hope you visit us in the future again soon ! :)

Sleep Split - Family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2013

As I rushed out of Sleep Inn to catch a ferry, I forgot my pursue in the safe... I did not realize this until I arrived to Bol. The Sleep Inn has already contacted my travel agent in Bol informing that they had my purse (they had the phone number as they had kindly called the agent in Bol). It was such a relief to know that my items were safe (credit cards and cash). I picked it up a few days later once I was back from Bol. The place is super modern, very well located. Thanks to Sleep Inn, I did not lose my sleep over my forgotten pursue :o)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends