“Beautiful terrace, relaxed service, tasteful food”

Restaurant Spalatin
Ranked #124 of 402 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the center of Split, the most beautiful city in the world, we want to welcome you to our restaurant Spalatin. Here we cherish the good tradition of family restaurants and their knowledge we guarantee the quality and high standards of food based on the first-class fresh seafood that surrounds us and Dalmatian hinterland where high quality meat, fruit and vegetables is present. Our professional and friendly staff will do everything to make you feel comfortable and help in choosing foods. We offer the seafood and meat grill, pizza and pasta.Our specialty are delicious lasagne, pizza and noodle dishes.
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful spot, overlooking the stately Trg Republike square and the sea. Relaxed, attentive service, tasteful simple food. Good value for money.
My tuna steak proved rather large and... one of the best ever..! Fresh and perfectly seasoned, laid in a thin layer of subtly spiced oil sauce, just like the tasty cooked spinach that came with it.
Next evening I went for a pizza vegetariana, with hot salami and pepperoni toppings. Good Italian style taste, quality ingredients though could have used some extra veg. Good score nevertheless.
If you find a hungry looking cat sitting near your table: it prefers you to try (and share) a fish dish...

1  Thank Freek t

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here on two evenings when we stayed in Split. The first evening was fantastic, 5 star. However on the second evening the same was not true of our server or the value.

When the bill arrived I went through it as I always do. Going through it I saw we were being charged 7KUNA (about €1) for ketchup. So I raised this with our server. I told him that I did not think it was good to charge for ketchup. The rudeness and argument ensued: "you go to McDonalds you pay for ketchup, why not in a small restaurant you not pay". If what he had said had been fact a good argument but McDonalds don't charge for Ketchup. Even the sauces like sweet and sour that they do charge for are only 2Kuna (About €0.30) not 7.

Anyway it is not the cost that got me, it was his attitude. After he had finished reading me the small restaurant riot act, all I got was "Goodbye, goodbye" repeated again and again until I left!!

Small bit of advice for anyone receiving a complaint: deal with them well!! If he had just said "sorry this is our policy but I will raise it with the manager at the end of the night", I would be recommending the place. After being treated rudely, when my mum and dad go to Split next week I will advise them to steer clear. One person can ruin a reputation so quickly and this server has ruined this restaurant's reputation for me.

WE SHOULD ONLY HAVE GONE ONE NIGHT!!!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good restaurant and excellent fish. They ran out of sea bass and served us a different fish without telling us- that wasnt great however the replacement fish was very tasty and they gave us a free bottle of wine to apologise.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

By the off chance, my wife and I decided to stop at this establishment on a stroll around Split. As it was lunch time (1:00pm - our lunch time and not the conventional Dalmatian lunch hour of 3:30pm), we opted for a light lunch of seafood. Having read the menu as per usual (which we do prior to entering an establishment), we entered, sat down and ordered. Straight away the waiter was friendly, allowing us time to read over the menu again. He came back again and was a little shocked when the tourist ordered lunch in ‘perfect Croatian’. Having tried a number of restaurants in Split (two of which turned out to be not up to a good standard: we were indeed happy with are choice. The food came out promptly, tasted great and the portion size was well received. Over the course of 3 weeks, we came back to this restaurant repeatedly. We tried pizzas, mussels buzura, spinach lasagne, grilled fish, scampi risotto and fruits of the sea spaghetti. We were never disappointed. This restaurant deserves to be in the top five restaurants in Split. My recommendation – try it, you will not be sorry.

2  Thank DEK_29
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had a light lunch in a nice shadowy setting at 35 plus degrees. We had a Green + chicken salad and an octopus + tomatoe salad, both simple but very nice. Other dishes a tables next to us e.g pasta with see food looked good as well. Service was atent and friendly. Bill was correct. Would recomend and go back