“We visited twice in three nights in Split”

Restaurant Spalatin
Ranked #126 of 402 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the center of Split, the most beautiful city in the world, we want to welcome you to our restaurant Spalatin. Here we cherish the good tradition of family restaurants and their knowledge we guarantee the quality and high standards of food based on the first-class fresh seafood that surrounds us and Dalmatian hinterland where high quality meat, fruit and vegetables is present. Our professional and friendly staff will do everything to make you feel comfortable and help in choosing foods. We offer the seafood and meat grill, pizza and pasta.Our specialty are delicious lasagne, pizza and noodle dishes.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Really nice restarant, in an outdoor square. Both occasions we ate pizza which was very big but extremely good! Price was very reasonable and service very good. Recommended

1  Thank chrisgriff6191

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Delicious Italian food and great service. We had chicken and feta salad followed by a bacon and mushroom pasta and ham pizza and all was delicious. Great value for money too we thought, would recommend

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We sat under the terrace one night and ordered a bottle of wine, a seafood risotto for my girlfriend and a steak in green pepper sauce for me (which was recommended by the waiter). The steak was absolutely delicious and was possibly the best cooked steak I've ever eaten! Service was good and the atmosphere was great.

I'd recommend eating here just for the steak!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful spot, overlooking the stately Trg Republike square and the sea. Relaxed, attentive service, tasteful simple food. Good value for money.
My tuna steak proved rather large and... one of the best ever..! Fresh and perfectly seasoned, laid in a thin layer of subtly spiced oil sauce, just like the tasty cooked spinach that came with it.
Next evening I went for a pizza vegetariana, with hot salami and pepperoni toppings. Good Italian style taste, quality ingredients though could have used some extra veg. Good score nevertheless.
If you find a hungry looking cat sitting near your table: it prefers you to try (and share) a fish dish...

1  Thank Freek t
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here on two evenings when we stayed in Split. The first evening was fantastic, 5 star. However on the second evening the same was not true of our server or the value.

When the bill arrived I went through it as I always do. Going through it I saw we were being charged 7KUNA (about €1) for ketchup. So I raised this with our server. I told him that I did not think it was good to charge for ketchup. The rudeness and argument ensued: "you go to McDonalds you pay for ketchup, why not in a small restaurant you not pay". If what he had said had been fact a good argument but McDonalds don't charge for Ketchup. Even the sauces like sweet and sour that they do charge for are only 2Kuna (About €0.30) not 7.

Anyway it is not the cost that got me, it was his attitude. After he had finished reading me the small restaurant riot act, all I got was "Goodbye, goodbye" repeated again and again until I left!!

Small bit of advice for anyone receiving a complaint: deal with them well!! If he had just said "sorry this is our policy but I will raise it with the manager at the end of the night", I would be recommending the place. After being treated rudely, when my mum and dad go to Split next week I will advise them to steer clear. One person can ruin a reputation so quickly and this server has ruined this restaurant's reputation for me.

WE SHOULD ONLY HAVE GONE ONE NIGHT!!!