“Excellent stay”

Ranked #18 of 484 Speciality Lodging in Split
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed in the apartment for a night before joining a flotilla. Great location in old town, central for attractions, restaurants and marina. Newly refurbished, couldn't complain about anything in the accommodation. Air conditioned. Inauspicious entrance but great inside. Short walk from taxi drop off as street is too narrow for traffic. Owner, Jurica, is extremely pleasant and helpful. Very well organised - arranges access with you in advance by email. Really satisfied with stay.

Room Tip: Room3 possibly has the best view - although one more flight of stairs!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in september 2013 and we were really impressed. The apartment was really good value for money considering it was just a short walk from the old palace. Small but very nicely furnished and very clean. On arrival we were given a map and Jurica showed us all the places to go an see and good restaurants to eat at. He also provided us with a few beverages in the fridge which was a nice touch.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth WA
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Lovely apartments central to everything in old town. Newly refurbished. Owner obliging and organised pick up from airport for 20€. Would stay again. Not for elderly as steep triple flight of steps. Thanks Jurica

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Biarritz, France
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in June 2013. The apartment was so cute! Great window looking out onto the rooftops. We really appreciated Jurica who picked us up at the ferry and dropped us off the next day at the airport (for a small fee). Jurica was very helpful and even provided a few beverages for us in the fridge. I would absolutely recommend this apartment to anyone visiting Split.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We loved our apartment. Newly renovated, ample space and comfortable. Jurica picked us up from the bus station free of charge and drove us back there when we checked out. The apartments are located just 3-5 minutes by foot from the main promenade. Definitely a good deal.

Stayed June 2013
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Jurica was so hospitable to me! I had rented a car so I needed a parking spot so when I was 15 minutes away from Split, I called him and he parked his car in a spot to reserve it for me and when I arrived, he moved his car so I could have the spot!

The apartment is in a fantastic location. Just a few blocks uphill from the old city. The room was even nicer! On the top story of the building with an amazing view of Split! Do not bring a large suitcase here because you go up a spiral staircase and you are going to have an extremely difficult time carrying your stuff upstairs. I was only here 1 night so I left my luggage in the car.

I really appreciated how the room was soundproof. They have recently upgraded the windows and you can tell they are at least double pane if not triple. They look expensive so you can tell that they care about their guests.

There is a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower so you don't need to bring your own supplies.

Jurica even offered to let me borrow a mobile phone in case I needed to call him but I already had my own.

There is a fridge in the room with free juices, water or beer. A very nice touch!

A great stay and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank love2travelcheap
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our holiday to Croatia had a fantastic start as Jurica, the owner, came to collect us from the airport (free of charge). Although the apartment is well located this made a huge difference to us because we landed at night and may have struggled to navigate from the bus station. We were made to feel very welcome by his comprehensive guide to Split and the mobile phone which he left for us to contact him.

The apartment itself was modern, clean and well equipped with everything needed for self catering. It had an air conditioning system, satellite tv with channels from a variety of countries and overall was a very safe and secure place to stay.

The location was fantastic. A couple of minutes walk to supermarkets and a cash machine. It was also just 5-10 mins walk to the Diocletian Palace (well worth a visit), the markets (lovely fresh fruit and fish) and the coach station where you can get a coach to Cavtat (takes half the time of the no.37 bus for more or less the same price, much comfier too!). We would also recommend a walk to the nearby Marjan park. The views are well worth the 15 minute climb.

Overall, a wonderful apartment and worth paying an extra few kuna for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple