“Superb!”

Ranked #32 of 166 Split B&B and Inns
Whitsunday Island, Australia
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Golden Palace apartment is exceptional & so is Toni - the owner. The apartment is beautiful !
Newly renovated with superb taste & with attention to every detail, the apartment is extremely comfortable, luxurious, & is in the best location inside the palace. Toni was fantastic! ....extremely helpful & friendly. His hospitality was incredible...the best ! He even helped us with our luggage to the bus station. Our stay in Split was wonderful due to staying at this first class apartment & Toni's fantastic hospitality. Thank you Toni!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Look no further if you are searching for superb apartment accommodation in Split inside the Diocletian Palace.The attention to detail in the Golden Palace apartment located near the Golden Gate is exceptional, right down to the sound system piped into every room and the thoughtful under bed lighting. The feature wall in the bathroom is stunning. It’s part of the original stone wall of the palace, all behind glass and beautifully lit. Toni is the perfect host, helpful and hospitable, even meeting us at the bus stop for the short walk back into the Palace.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
stuttgart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a hidden jewel !!!
Finding the place was not so easy, when you get to the Teak Cafe, same owner, you are there.
Tony himself welcomes you and provides you with all the information needed, he even offered a walk around old town, to get to know the place... and in the apartment you will find a laptop to use as well as a cell phone with only one number, Tonys..it's yours during the stay. He made our dinner reservations and welcomed us in the warmest way you can imagine.
The apartment itself is high end in every regard...we loved, loved, loved it!
Way to go, Tony!!!
Best regards to you and your family!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

When I came into the apartment, I was speechless. What a beautiful apartment!!! It has been set up with such a perfection and with so much love, which I haven´t ever seen, not even in 5-star hotels. Every detail of this apartment it´s a loud ´Wow!!!`.
And the location couldn´t be better – just right in the middle of the old Palast!
Toni is a very, very friendly host. He helped us with the parking of the car and gave us very useful, nice tips of Split which made our stay even more pleasant.
Under the apartment is Toni´s coffee shop. It´s crowed the whole day. Excellent for a coffee in the morning and a drink in the evening before going to bed. Don´t worry, you don´t hear any noise of the coffee shop from the apartment, as it has special windows.
If you visit Split, you definitely need to stay in the Gold Palace!

Dear Toni, thank you a lot for making our stay in Split so unforgettable!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katja S
Belo Horizonte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Toni is the perfect host that has the most warmth welcoming you could ever think of! He walked around with us a little bit after our arrival to show a little bit of Split and to give us tips on where to go to so we could enjoy the best of the town. His place is so well decorated and what you see on pictures is what you get. The whole apartment has speakers that you can put on your favorite kind of music. Everyday we were able to wake up and do our things by the smooth sound of some jazz. The small kitchen is equipped with everything you may need. Toni thought about every detail for the guest: a frigobar with complimentary drinks (juice, milk, coke, water), a bottle of local wine, a basket of fruits and even some chocolates. You will have also a laptop and even a cellphone to get in touch with Toni anytime you need! Bed is comfortable and the bathroom is a total luxury! Location? Oh you will stay just within the walls of Diocletian Palace... How can anybody ask for more? This place is a MUST!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I travel quite often and have never seen this level of attentiveness to detail in the design of a suite, or in how you are treated by the owner (I absolutely loved the 1700 year old Diocletian Palace wall in the bathroom covered in glass and beautifully lit).
Toni went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. He met me at the bus station to help with my bags then asked if I wanted a quick tour of the city to get my bearings; I thought this was fantastic as there were things I would've missed just by looking at tourist maps. There were some unique touches that you don't see too often; first he left me with a cell phone to use during my stay for local calls, there is use of a laptop in the room (plus internet connection was very speedy on all my devices), and there was a surround sound system that played music (from every genre imaginable) throughout the entire suite. The room was stocked with complimentary juice, pop, water, fruit, chocolates and a bottle of wine. Being a complete neat freak I have to say that this is by far the absolute cleanest space I have ever stayed in. I think the bar has been set so high here that I will have trouble finding another place close to this standard for the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

A wonderful apartment within the old Palace. I just loved the wall which you see through glass in the bathroom. The owner made us feel at home and helped us park our car and get into the city. He also showed us around and made reservations and spend a couple of hours explaining about Croatia and how its changed over the years. It was perfect, thank you Tony if you read this!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple