Hotel Slavija
US$295
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Split Apartments - Peric Hotel(Split)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$139
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
B&B Kastel 1700(Split)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$112
Travelocity
US$273
US$257
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoldest hoteldiocletian's palaceroman bathsgreat locationold citywithin the wallswalking tourpalace wallshotel entrancenoisy at nightwaterfront promenadehotel is moderntwo nightspalace areaair conditioningbreakfast is servedthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I needed a hotel for a stopover in Split before flying home following a holiday in Hvar. As it was only for one night I wasn't too fussed about where I stayed so I just quickly booked what I thought was cheap and convenient for a days sightseeing at Diocletians Palace and for the airport bus early the next morning. What a lovely surprise when I arrived! The hotel was in a fantastic location, actually inside Diocletians Palace (on top of what used to be the Emporors baths) and only about a 10 minute walk from the ferry terminal and airport bus stop. I arrived early in the morning and went straight to the hotel hoping they would have a luggage room I could use until check-in and was advised my room was ready for me already so I could go straight in to leave my luggage and freshen up. The room was lovely. It looked like it had been recently refurbished - very modern but with parts of the original Palace walls still showing which was a great effect. It was spacious and the bathroom looked very new and clean. The breakfast room was fairly small. It was plenty big enough for the number of people using it when I stayed but I imagine in peak season it might get crowded. The lady on reception (Marjianna) couldn't have been more helpful, suggesting tours to go on and things to see - she clearly loves her city! If I ever go back to Split I will definately book to stay at Hotel Slavija again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
26  Thank dilly476
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this very nice historic little hotel, close to the waterfront, and in the middle of Diocletian's Palace.
Walk out the entrance and around the corner, and you are in the middle of where travellers come from around the world to see .
The rooms were spotless, and the beds comfortable, but we missed having a fridge and tea/cofee making facilities in our room.
Friend's had a big room and terrace on the 4th floor, but had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. We were happier after moving to our second room, No. 102 with a terrace.

Room Tip: 102 on the 2nd floor if you don't like stairs. 4th floor for larger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ken1939
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Two nights in Split really wasn't enough. The old city is superb for sightseeing and nightlife and the Slavija is right in the heart of it. Not cheap (we paid £100 a night for a double) but our room was spacious and comfortable. Shame about the noise from the nearby bars (even we wanted to sleep rather than drink at 1.30am on a Monday night!!) and some issues with the bathroom (no sink plug, broken shower head bracket) that the maid should have spotted.
We'll return to Split but on the whole I think we'll choose to stay in an apartment for half the price or less!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Uncle_Gareth
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Staff are charming, the woman on reception could not have been more helpful, told us of restaurants were the locals ate, offered us breakfast on our roof terrace, although we were eating at 07.00! All with a big smile. Location fantastic, the whole hotel spotlessly clean, fantastic experience after leaving a very 'faded' hotel on Hvar for the same money! We just wish we hadn't had to leave so early for the airport as the breakfast was a feast!

Room Tip: We had a room with a roof terrace on the 4th floor which was fantastic. Terrace not chic but with great views of the old town.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank richardpennell321
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My stay at Hotel Slavija was absolutely the best experience I've had at a hotel or B&B. Before our trip began, Mirjana was exceptionally responsive in answering our many questions and changes in plans. She went out of her way to investigate the activities and tours available during our visit. Once we arrived, her assistance continued to be invaluable. The location of the hotel was perfect, in that we could walk out of it and literally be meters away from shops, cafes, and beautiful water. The size of our room was larger than we expected and led to a terrace where we could watch the activity below. The experience we had there was wonderful and I definitely look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends