“Faultless”

Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Split
London, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Great location, clean large rooms, with very comfortable beds, and friendly and informative staff,for whom nothing was too much trouble. They even let us store our luggage there on our last day in Split, despite the fact we'd checked out 3 days earlier to go to the island of Hvar.

It meant our last day on holiday was spent on the beach and having a great time rather than sitting forlornly in one place surrounded by our luggage for 12 hours.

Cannot wait to go back very soon

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank EDGirl19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The only thing I can say is – go and stay in this place.
It is recommended as best hotel for business travelers in Split but I would say it is also really romantic, little haven in the center of the very busy town.
After a stressful day usually I just go to my room to rest and finish the day’s work.. But in this Hotel it is a pleasure to sit on the reception, do your work and just talk with receptionists. I even got a chance to visit the Roman baths in the basement of the Hotel. They have a window from the basements directly linked to the basements of the Palace… and also had a short history lesson of Split and Hotel Slavija.
I stayed there for 7 days and after a 3rd day was offered a free upgrade to a double room with terrace for the same money.... so I can enjoy in the sun and view overlooking the town ??? I have never had this kind of service before I am a frequent traveler.
People you see there will do everything to make your stay enjoyable and stress free.

Room Tip: They do not have smimming pool- so just ignore my rate for it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Adam S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Great location, this hotel is right by the plaza, clean, friendly, lovely room with a large balcony, room 414 I think it was, very boutique feel - we went last weekend, it was a suprise birthday weekend, and this place was very special as it is part of the Emperor's palace.

Really friendly team who work there, always smiling and that goes with the rest of Split, friendly, smiling faces everywhere and very reasonably priced...

Breakfast was good, the breakfast room is small so there is the addition of being able to have breakfast in the room or in reception..

Would highly recommend, very close to everything!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank LJRD
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Where to start!
Location,in-design,comfort,receptionist and all other employees were so frinedly and sooo helpful!
Once more I want to thanks them:)
I really felt so good all 5-days there,i"ve been to many places but never felt so "home" like.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
20 Thank Jurgen T
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We had a problem with our car and this was the reason we stayed in Split. Searched a few hotels and phoned Slavija directly. Because it was direct booking with the hotel they gave us a great discount. When we explained the problem with the car they offered to call the mechanic and help with resolving the problem asap.
My colloquies and I had a meeting in Makarska next day and hotel staff called the mechanic and arranged a free car for us from Split to Makarska.
There is not enough woods to write how the staff of this hotel helped us. This is our first visit to Croatia but is couldn't be nicer. Car problems were forgotten really soon. We meant to stay in Makarska for 3 days but at the end we decided to stay in Hotel Slavija in Split and travel every day to Makarska.
Me and my colleagues can highly recommend this place to everyone not just if you travel for work.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
20 Thank Joanna M
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Went to Split in beginning of February for three days and stayed in Slavija. Hotel is located inside the Emperor's palace, so I had the opportunity to visit all the historic monuments within 5 min walk on my afternoon off. Clean and cozy rooms, slept like a baby. Friendly and helpfull staff, 24h reception, so you can come & go as you please. Good breakfast starting from 7AM (good for us who have to leave the hotel early for meetings). On my last day, I had to leave before breakfast time, so they prepared breakfast-to-go for me, which I ate in the airport. They even arranged a taxi for me to pick me up and drive to the airport. Good restaurants only a couple minutes walk from the hotel. Highly recommended, I love this place!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
27 Thank Mark H
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The hotel was in an old ruin, but with complete modern and spotless facilities inside. The staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was free. The location was unbeatable, inside Diocletian's Palace in the heart of all the action, but at the same time we were never disturbed by any noise outside during the night.

Room Tip: We had a window and that was nice
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple