“Noisy at night but staff are very pleasant”
Review of Hotel Slavija

Hotel Slavija
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Slept badly due to nightclub next door which stops at 2 am. Facilities are basic. Breakfast room small so had to wait for table. Orange squash rather than juice for breakfast?!? Croissant not great, and coffee indifferent. However staff are great and anxious to help.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Impressed from first contact with staff at the Slavija - rapid response to email queries - and first-hand acquaintance just as impressive: good eating recommendations, helpful airport advice...just going out of their way to make life agreeable. Very central (within the 'Palace' complex), and I see that some tripadvisor users troubled by noise...but I slept soundly enough. Bedroom a bit small, but clean, cool (a/c) and comfortable. One slight disappointment: breakfast rather meagre - certainly below the quality of the front desk

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank RetfordDave
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and my fiancée stayed for two nights in early august. The hotel is located within the old palace and

The staff was very friendly and professional and made us feel most welcome.
The hotel seemed rather newly renovated, in fact some renovations were still going on. This did not disturb us though. We spent some extra money on the "supreme" room, with balcony/terrace.
We got a room on the top floor, a rather small room, but nice and clean. And the terrace was lovely with fine views over therooftoops of central Split.
On the downside: there was a night club (Academia Ghetto Club) about 20 meters from the hotel, we could see the courtyard of the club from our balcony. The first night they played extremely loud music until 01.00. It was so loud we could hardly talk to eachother on the balcony and sleep was out of the question. The second night the music was not quite as loud but went on until about 02.00. We are not that picky with normal street/city noices, and i guess some noice is somewhat expected if you book a room in the middle of a city. But the shere loudness of the music played in the night club we can not recommend anybody to stay at this hotel. At least not during the high season. Too bad because the hotel itself was nice, and as mentioned before, the staff was very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johan H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 night this past July. I had lost my luggage and the staff bended over backwards to help with the language barrier in getting my luggage found.
Awesome location and very comfortable. Newly remodeled, clean rooms and large shower/bathrooms.
Can't say enough about the two girls who run the front. They call themselves the 2 "M's" because both of their names begin with the letter M. They are very knowledgeable about the area and can share some nice hidden spots to see in the City Centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank L B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had an outstanding experience at this hotel! I stayed one night in July and would have stayed more!

Pros:
Staff are all very nice and accommodating (especially Milena), even before I got there. It is a bit difficult to find so Milena sent me a map from the bus station which was very helpful.
I had made a mistake in my booking and Milena helped me get it all taken care of without a single problem! She "upgraded" me to a room with a balcony for which I was extremely grateful for! It was clean, spacious, and had an amazing view!

The breakfast spread was good and the location is perfect.

Cons:
They were performing some construction on the hotel but only during the day when I wasn't even around. I stayed in room 403 and the elevator was out so one of the staff carried my suitcase up the stairs.

The only other downside (which didn't bother me because I was tired out from all the site seeing that I slept like a rock) is the bar below/next to the hotel. I could hear the music and people talking. Again, no big deal as I am from the city and am very used to it. The hotel is centrally located as well so it's expected.

Bottom line: I would stay here again and recommend it to all!

Room Tip: I was in room 403 which has a gorgeous balcony but was noisy due to the bar below.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank BKloandC
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for three nights in June. The location is spot on, right in the middle of the old town.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, though lacking in any character which was a little disappointing given the location and exterior of the building. The double glazing kept the room quiet at night. Breakfast was basic and served in a rather compromised space.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue12344321
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for the last two nights of our tour of Croatia.

It is in a great location in the city centre, and only a very short walk to a lot of different bars and restuarants. Having been newly decorated, the rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. The bathrooms were large and the shower was very powerful!

All the rooms are double glazed and have air con which is a good thing; a) because temperatures were reaching 33c and b) there is a bar just by the hotel so it can be a little noisey. However with the windows closed very little noise was heard.

The reception staff are fantastic. I don't think I have ever stayed in a place where the staff are that helpful and informative. They were friendly and no question or request was too much. They arranged for a small group of us to do a 4 hour tour of a few key sights just outside of Split which was great and really worth asking about.

The breakfast room is very small and there is a limited choice, but it was adequate for us so no real drama there.

This is a more expensive hotel than many, however it is newly decorated and is extremely comfortable and in a great position. I would definitely stay here again without question.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends