“Smart clean rooms within easy reach of the centre.”
Review of Hotel President

Hotel President
Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Had an unexpected need to find a hotel in split for another night so we were pretty limited in choice. This hotel was great though. Good customer service, nice surroundings, lovely rooms with parquet floor and what appeared to be barcode new spa bathroom complete with spa shower. Comfy if soft bed, great wifi and lovely breakfast with plenty of choice. Very quiet and a maximum of five minutes walk to the centre of split. Only small issues were some loose wires in the bathroom and a sink plug not working, suspect this is a remnant of the refit though and didn't detract at all.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank crackers123

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Well, the hotel is very central and I must say that from the outside it looks pretty nice, the only problem form me was really ther rooms... They were really small and old in my room there was a black and white TV from the 70's with no remote and almost no signal at all. The air conditioned was really loud and, of course that with those temperatures in august turning it off is absolutelly out of the question so I had to struggle to sleep despite all the racket.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a very classy hotel with great amenities. It has several pools and a gym. The indoor pool was particularly good. There was a room safe, fridge and an exotic bathroom with a spa. Our room was extremely spacious and comfortable with plenty of cupboard space and good lighting. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was excellent.
The hotel is a 20 minute drive from the centre of Split but it has free WiFi which is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank juneabout
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the hotel 3 nights in May. We were fortunate to get a large room the was clean and comfortable. Some of our friends were not so lucky and they didn't like this hotel as a result. I would give our hotel room that we got on the 4th floor a 3.5 rating. The food at the hotel was average or lower. Nothing to distinguish it and for us a major draw back. The hotel is very convenient to the promenade along the water front and the Diocletian palace which are the main attractions in Split.

Room Tip: Ask for a street side corner room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank iluvta2
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We visited this hotel with Saga, Jewels of Croatia. The hotel was set by a river in a pretty area just outside of Split. There were enough places to visit in the surrounding area making for a very enjoyable to stay.
The hotel rooms were excellent with free wifi, very comfortable and spacious. We requested to change rooms as we prefer a double to a twin and this was actioned immediately. The food was very good,(buffet) with plenty of choice. It was a shame the ornate swimming pool wasn't open as it was very pretty and more suitable for a quick dip to cool off rather than the large pool.
Over all, recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: rooms are quieter at the back as the bells of the church are quite loud
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We arrived rather late at the President. The receptionist were friendly - the room very average.
The breakfast not to rave about. This hotel need some renovation to get up to standard. We only stayed one night - but that was enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AirDelMar
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed in a single room as part of a small tour group staying only one night. I've read below about the beds that were too soft. Mine was like sleeping on an ironing board, but I was so tired that I slept well anyway. The air conditioning had a thermostat and worked well. I loved the shower - a hand-held shower head, many jets that it was a little bit hard to make work, but somehow they came on, and also steam which was so efficient I had to open the shower door to get my breath. I really enjoyed that! I don't remember the breakfast, so it couldn't have been bad. My room was small but OK for me as the bed was a double. Had no view except rooftops, but I enjoyed it anyway. An old hotel now and then is part of the charm of traveling, I think. It was all wood-paneled. I had no interface with the staff so I can't comment on them. I liked it for a change from all the shiny-modern, sleek hotels we stayed in elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends