“Loved the city, mixed review about the hotel.”
Review of Hotel Globo

Hotel Globo
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was the First time we visited Split. It's an ancient and beautiful city. The people were amazingly Welcoming. We stayed at the hotel, I was dissatisfied with the poor location. It was way to expensive for a room in the basement. We didn't have access to daylight or fresh air. You can definitely hear the noise outside. After all day sightseeing and an amazing lunch in the center of the town we came back to the hotel to rest.The service was the biggest issue We waited for the room key, there was no one at the reception desk. Also at another point in our visit the receptionist was smoking in front of the hotel while we waited. There is no restaurant in the hotel and no where to get food. It is described as having 4 stars but maximum it would be 3 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Traveler W
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank You very much for sharing Your experience through the review.
I appreciate all You wrote and I' m very sorry You had such a bed service while You were here.
After reading Your review I took full action and employee who was smoking in the front of the hotel during working shift is suspended.
It is not part of our brand and definitely we'll not be ignored, thank You one more time for sharing this with all of us and take my deep apology for having that experience.
Regarding the room You had while staying with us, which is on the ground floor in the new part of the hotel, I'm really sorry You didn't like it and I wish You have told us that while being with us.
However all our room have windows, daylight and definitely fresh air access.
I'm glad You enjoyed in our City of Split and hope You will give us another chance when You hopefully come back again in Split.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

A good value - clean, comfortable room with a nice breakfast included. Desk staff were pleasant and helpful. A 10-minute walk thru a safe but unremarkable residential area leads you to Split's vibrant street scenes, ancient history and lovely waterfront. Air conditioning was a nice bonus since it was warm while we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Galooba
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Sir,
I'm really glad You enjoyed while stayed in our hotel.
I will pass Your words to hotel staff and believe it will help them in keeping our service on high level. Yes, September was still very warm in Split and I'm happy air condition was helpful and didn't destroy your overnight sleep.
Looking forward to accommodate You again and hope we'll see You soon in Hotel Globo.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is absolutely fine for a £100/night hotel just outside the city centre. Breakfast was ok, free wifi was good and rooms were clean and spacious enough. The walk into the centre takes about 10-15 minutes, and the whole of Split seems pretty safe so we weren't worried about walking back late at night.

It's 100% what you would expect; decent rooms and decent location, nothing special but we weren't disappointed given what we'd paid

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank wonderfuldavey

Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for sharing Your experience.
It is so great to see that we have fulfill Your expectations and that You felt good staying in our hotel.
Hope to see You again and wish You all the best.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

If you are looking for a decent hotel ,Hotel Globo is definitely the one. It´s not near the city center, but you can easily walk there. Nice room, wonderful breakfast, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deuseana
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear,
It is so nice to see that You stayed with us in July, but still didn't forget Your experience and shared it now in September.
It is also great to read that You felt our Hotel Globo as a decent place, and liked our services, thank You.
Wish You a great day and hope to see You and accommodate in close future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were looking for a decent hotel to stay at over a weekend in Split. Hotel Globo was perfect. Clean, friendly reception and AWESOME free breakfast! Some of the reviews complained about it being out of the city center, but its really not an issue. Take 10 mins and stretch your legs people. It's very easy to get to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Air conditioning was great, bathrooms were very nice. For what we paid- we were very happy. If you are looking for a NICE hotel that's not going to rob you, Hotel Globo is the spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for being very pleased with Hotel Globo services.
I'm glad You enjoyed Your stay in our property and didn't mind walk of cca 10 min to get to Old town of Split City.
Your words and compliments will push us to work more and keep our service the way You explained and felt it.
Hope to have opportunity to welcome You again in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a great day and all the best.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Not in the city center but close to it. Very cleaned, modern and comfortable rooms, free wi-fi, free room services (including pizzas from a real pizzeria) and available and kind staff make this hotel a very good choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for taking time and writing a review for us.
I'm very happy You enjoyed Your stay in Hotel Globo and that You were well served.
Hopefully You will come back soon and give us opportunity to accommodate You again in our Hotel Globo.
Have a great day,

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I read a few of the negatives below and I have to disagree with the writers. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Location - It's a 15 minute walk from Old Town. I arrived in Split by bus, and being on my own and dragging a suitcase around, it didn't take me long to find it. The location is much more quiet than if you were staying in the busy part of town, but that's why I liked it - sometimes it's nice to have some peace and quiet after a long day. I felt safe walking back from Old Town to the hotel at night. I didn't really mind what the surrounding area looked like, because as long as the hotel itself is clean and not run down, that's what matters.

Staff - Everyone was friendly with me. No problems there.

Room - My room was quite spacious, and it was cleaned daily. As for the view, it's not a view of the ocean but since I didn't spend all my time in my room looking out the window, that didn't bother me at all. Good wi-fi connection.

Breakfast - A good selection of hot/cold, sweet/savoury food.

Overall, I liked the hotel for what it offered for the the price I paid. I would recommend this if you're looking for somewhere comfortable to stay during your time in Split.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for Your review and for being so detailed and honest about service You had in Hotel Globo. It is so nice and so motivating to hear that You enjoyed and felt well being our hotel guest.
We'll do our best to keep all these positive comments and keep our service in very high level for all our guests.
Thank You so much for these words, because it is so nice to see that all work we put together is so well worth of having a happy guest for spending time in our accommodation.
Hope to see You soon back in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a wonderful day,