“Nightmare”

Ranked #50 of 55 Hotels in Split
London, United Kingdom
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel is so old and miserable. We did not sleep during what was thankfully our only night in Split because I spent the entire night cooking in an oven for a room and wiping pools of sweat off my face. There is no ventilation here. The breakfast was the only highlight.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I remember it was low season when we visited the Bellevue Hotel in Split...exactly what we were searching for "faded glory of the 70's" minimalistic sophisticated. We took the apartment with a view on the Harbor and City. Even everything was dated it did not disturb me cause it reminded me of some B-movies in the early 1970's....I hope they will restore it respectfully and keep the charming authentic style!!! Mostly when charming hotels are restored the bathrooms are always too modern and in huge contrast with the original style....of the building. Here of course you have two totally different periods...which is end of the 19th century and the influence of the 70's used for the interior!!!! A challenge of the owner to find the right interior designer!!! Also be prepared in general when traveling to Croatia Staff is always a bit grumpy and never overwhelmingly hospitable....

Room Tip: the Suite/appartment in James Bond Style....higher floors have less noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vera007_13
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our contiki boat cruise as that was recommended by contiki. It was way too expensive for what we got. There was no hot water, the walls were paper thin and you couldnt shut the windows was good to hear the singing and so on on the streets but not all through the night. But having said that it was clean and a decent place to stay. I just wouldnt pay $100 aud to stay here again there are plenty of other more affordable options around..

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Marieschultze

Travellers are raving about these Split hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very good location near the split town and Harbour. The pros- breakfast included, cheap price, location. The cons- no air conditioning, staff isn't overly helpful, and rooms can be loud because the windows open to a square with restaurants etc... Rooms were clean though. It was a decent hotel. If I was on a budget I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank bryar22
Uppsala
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Hotel Bellevue in Split started as a disappointment and did not improve throughout our stay.
I have a problem with walking up the stairs so, when upon arriving I found, you have to climb nine steps to find the lift and once there the lift was locked as the reception had moved to first floor, I was not happy. The man in the reception just got really grumpy when I asked why they said welcome to new guests with a locked lift. He gave the impression that, that was no problem of his. I was lucky to travel with my sister as she could walk up and send the lift down to me. If you travel alone and have the same problem as I, do STAY AWAY from hotel Bellevue in Split.

Later when I went to get the log in for the free Wi-Fi in public areas, the same grumpy man pointed to a PC in the corridor by the reception. I said I wanted to be able to use my own laptop, as advertised on Boking.com. He then remarked that the hotel could not be hold responsible for what was written on Booking.com, which is totally wrong as the hotel itself enters all details about the hotel.

The room was furnished in dark colours and had no designed area for my suitcase and no shelves to store clothes. As I was alone I made use of the second bed in the room. Next morning I found out that the showerhead had to be hand held, as the shower head did not fit any of the two showerhead holders. The bed was too hard so I woke up with a stiff back after the second night. On the other hand the room cleaning was superb and the noise from the street was kept out by the double glasing with outer wooden shutters.

The breakfast was just OK but came with luke warm coffee and no proper juice.

The location of the hotel is great with the end of the precinct shore promenade on one side and a lot of nice, budget friendly restaurants on the other side.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank __Joh__Ye
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2013

we stay at this hotel 3 nigth . and we like everything breakfast,location, nice personal . and very good view ( we sea sea)
We did not use even fan,because tonigth wind from see bring cool air.

But because this is just near walking street and churh sometimes very noisy

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great location no doubting that and the outdoor area of the bar is ok, right on the square but in all honesty this hotel is a hole. The reception staff are pretty rude, the decor is dated and the rooms look like they haven't seen a lick of paint for a decade. Wouldn't go back but not a bad place to rest your head for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends