All reviewslarge roomlot of traffic noiseair condition was workingrooms are spacious and cleandecent showerold townking size bedmain roadenjoyed my staymini barfour nightswonderful hotelstayed one nightminute walkbalconycroatiajoker
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked trough Gala Hotels website a 4 stars hotel. When we arrived at Best Western the room was in the external of the hotel, no lift, no air condition. When we complain about it, the receptionist`s answer was " it´s not muy bussines". We book a 4 star hotel and spent the stay in a guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
3  Thank Tatiana T
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I chose this hotel knowing Best Western standards but it was only 2 star carpets smell of smoke and dark red paint on interior is 1970's. The location is too far from the water front - we used the bus but the front desk could not explain which buses to catch, its a matter of watch where they go and see that numbered bus down at main market / prominarde area. The hotel wifi has a password but the girls at booking in time said its automaic connect. Two hours later after many tries we bought both our one tablet/one ipad down and the manager did the connection using a password and login, no troubles after that.We had first floor room easy ok up stairs with cases and returns from downtown good size clean and bar fridge towels etc. I appreciated the lock up auto door safe parking behind able to load cases before departure. Breakfasts ok evening dinner average staff try hard but the cook/kitchen must be under resourced. Buses do stop here so we avoided their mealtime, late breakfast best bus gone by 8.30am.Only stay if you want 2 star. We travel as couple and are fit 65yr old Australians self drive ourselves with GPS Italy, Croatia & Corfu May June 2013. We have done 12 years self drive holidays all over european countries and this hotel is not recommend. Split is only a one day stop nothing to do other than the market great for clothes & hats &fruit & veg & water front for drinks & meals. Best meals are a way down the far end at Trumbiceva obala on the "S" bend or inside the old town walls in the square.

Room Tip: The front part of the hotel on first floor and ask for a back room its quiet and no view but thats good for a good nights rest. Beds are fine, shower etc good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidayms
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I'll begin by saying that I consider myself to be well travelled. I've stayed in various levels of accommodation around the world. When I book a 3 star hotel, I'm not expecting the finest service however I do expect to be able to sleep!
I have just spent 2 sleepless nights at this hotel located on a floor that is at ground level with the street. Even with ear plugs we can not block out the sound of the constant cars & motorbikes. I have stayed in New York & it was quieter than this! When we asked the reception desk to change rooms they neither cared nor could accommodate our request as the hotel was fully booked.

This is certainly not Best Western standard & now I'll reconsider the brand of hotels for future hotel reservations! People that own or manage these hotels should actually stay on the ground floor rooms to see what it's like for a guest or invest in double glazed, sound proof glass!

In addition hotel is about a 20 min walk from the old city & even further from the beaches which.on the heat of summer is not a pleasant walk.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Frances S
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was about 20 minutes by walk out of the center. If you are seeking a hotel in the middle of everything you should go somewhere else.Kindly note there are two buildings with two different rate for the rooms. I chose the higher price. The room and bathroom were quite big. TV had many different Channels (One of the best variety during my trip in Croatia). There was a free internet connection in the room. The breakfast was limited and the place was small comparing to the number of guests. Toally saying,It was a very ordinary hotel good just for stop-over not for a long time.

Room Tip: If you pay on cash, they will give you 10% discount.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We booked the dependance room and did not understand prior to the trip what type of standard the room was, It turned out that the dependance room was at "Art Hotel"; a hotel that Best Western does not approve to have in their portfolio because of the standard. "Art Hotel" is located in a building behid Best Western, and we used the same reception and breakfast area.

Room:
The room was nice and clean. We had everything we needed but a minibar/minifridge.

Location:
Not a very good location due to lack of things to do in immediate walking distance. The neighborhood is rather shabby. Takes you 10-15 minutes to walk to the Old city and 25 minutes to walk to the closest beach.

Restaurant:
We had pasta bolognese which was poorly heated up. The hot part of the food tasted ok. Breakfast was good, and friendly staff.

Service:
Nice and friendly staff.
They charge 100 kuna for using the sauna, even for staying guests!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple