“Convenient, comfortable and economical”
Review of Art Hotel

Art Hotel
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just like BW hotels in various countries, this one is also clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Unlike most economy hotels, the breakfast was both sumptuous and with wide variety. The rooms were clean and good sized, not just holes. The friendly staff added to the pleasure. The hotel is walking distance the tourist sites. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here on 23/10/13 for one night with friends rooms were very clean and spacious only a 10 minute walk into the town center breakfast plentiful .would defiantly stay again on my next visit to split

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and son drove to Split from Budapest and had three beautiful days. The Best Western was adequate and very inexpensive. It was a 10 minute walk to the center of activity in Split. The included breakfast was very good and the hotel was a bit small but clean and well worth the price.
Parking was available in a secure area behind the hotel. We stayed in the main hotel, not the annex.

Room Tip: From the reviews, make sure you book in the main hotel and not the annex.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pat b
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After a month of using family-run accommodations throughout Dalmatia, we found this Best Western hotel delightful with all the pampering: wash-cloths, hair-dryer, soft pillows, large room, king-size bed, many TV channels, champagne for breakfast... Free Internet terminal and free breakfast, free parking in the courtyard behind locked gates. At least 20 min to Roman palace on foot. Only two complaints: no in-house restaurant for dinner, and the room door had to be slammed loudly to close it (at 6 a.m.!).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the annex and I read the reviews and knew I wasn't in for a treat. Mostly it was exactly what I expected, in other ways I was impressed and others even more disappointed.

After driving in from the airport late at night it would have been nice if the parking was better marked. I found it right away but it was secured by a gate (major plus overall) but the signage on the gate did not make it clear that there was an intercom unless you spoke Croatian. This forced me to drive around an unfamiliar city to find the hotel again.

Once inside they were very helpful and fast with check in. They explained parking and wifi, and even escorted me to the annex building.

There was a sign up that said something along the lines of "this building is not part off the Best Western chain and does not meet its standards" it would have been nice to know this when I booked. I probably would have made the same choice but it was disconcerting finding out as I checked in at midnight.

The room was overall clean but had weird stains on the floor. Other than feeling the need to always wear shoes it was okay. The bathroom was surprisingly clean. I was surprised that there was no blankets at all, just a thin top sheet. For the second time this trip I was grateful I had my travel blanket with me.

The thing that ruined it for me was that there was a night club or something nearby that was so loud so late into the night and even the earplugs I bought for an F1 race wouldn't time it out.

All in all, if you can sleep through nose and are looking for a quick overnight this isn't bad. But unless you're used to hostels I wouldn't recommend it for more than one night.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Christy D
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked trough Gala Hotels website a 4 stars hotel. When we arrived at Best Western the room was in the external of the hotel, no lift, no air condition. When we complain about it, the receptionist`s answer was " it´s not muy bussines". We book a 4 star hotel and spent the stay in a guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
3  Thank Tatiana T
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I chose this hotel knowing Best Western standards but it was only 2 star carpets smell of smoke and dark red paint on interior is 1970's. The location is too far from the water front - we used the bus but the front desk could not explain which buses to catch, its a matter of watch where they go and see that numbered bus down at main market / prominarde area. The hotel wifi has a password but the girls at booking in time said its automaic connect. Two hours later after many tries we bought both our one tablet/one ipad down and the manager did the connection using a password and login, no troubles after that.We had first floor room easy ok up stairs with cases and returns from downtown good size clean and bar fridge towels etc. I appreciated the lock up auto door safe parking behind able to load cases before departure. Breakfasts ok evening dinner average staff try hard but the cook/kitchen must be under resourced. Buses do stop here so we avoided their mealtime, late breakfast best bus gone by 8.30am.Only stay if you want 2 star. We travel as couple and are fit 65yr old Australians self drive ourselves with GPS Italy, Croatia & Corfu May June 2013. We have done 12 years self drive holidays all over european countries and this hotel is not recommend. Split is only a one day stop nothing to do other than the market great for clothes & hats &fruit & veg & water front for drinks & meals. Best meals are a way down the far end at Trumbiceva obala on the "S" bend or inside the old town walls in the square.

Room Tip: The front part of the hotel on first floor and ask for a back room its quiet and no view but thats g...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple