“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #50 of 55 Hotels in Split
Bristol
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Basic and clean hotel, but just outside the city centre. Easy to get to by car from the airport and with plenty of free parking beside the hotel which is why I originally chose it as we had got an early flight to Split that morning. 20-30 minute walk to centre, probably can get a bus too.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a romantic holiday away, as has little character being a ex halls of residence but clean and basic and somewhere to crash for the night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I enjoyed my stay at the Dujam for 7 nights in September 2008 & would recommend it.

Location: The Dujam is about 20 minutes walk from the waterfront/port (where most of the transport, and the Diocletian's Palace is, with restaurants, bars etc). Downhill walk to the waterfront & uphill (not very steep) back. I got the bus from Split airport to the port & a taxi from there to the Dujam on my first day. The Dujam is in a quiet, mainly residential area with a few bars & small food shops dotted about.

Facilities: The Dujam is a two star hotel & that set my expectations. There was a dispensing machine in the lobby that gave hot & cold drinks (non alch) & snacks. I asked for excursion brochures etc & there weren't any (except a few general flyers). The lift was roomy & always worked. Breakfast was basic (sliced meat, cheese, rolls cerial tea coffee etc. There was always a lady in attendance in case anything ran out. One ot two web sites I visited suggested that they do evening meals - they didn't in the time I was there but that wasn't a problem for me. No bar.

Room: I had (& paid for) a twin room to myself & was given one on the 4th floor. The air conditioning (with remote control) in my room was a bit noisy but worked well & was reliable. There were two large fitted wardrobes but I was glad I took my own hangers as there were, I think three. There were two chairs & a small desk. Both bedside tables had working lamps. The TV was a bit grainy but OK with three or four channels in English (Croatian sub-titles). The bathroom had the standard toilet, sink & shower & there was complimentary soap & shampoo in dispensers. The water was hot & no problems with the pressure. Several clean towels. My room was attended daily by a maid.

Staff: Checking in was easy. The people on reception spoke reasonable English & were polite but I didn't use them much for "tourist" advice (lots available in/around the palace). They provided an easy to read map to guide me walking into the centre of Split TIP: the route they give you sticks to roads with wide paths, you can soon find shortcutes if inclined.

Cleanliness: There were a few scuff marks on the walls and a couple of small stains on the carpet in my room. The bed and bathroom were spotlessly clean & fresh. I had requested a non smoking room but I don't know if they had any - there was an ashtray in the room & I think the previous guest smoked in it.

General: The building also houses a hostel, but that was not to the detriment of the hotel.

Well, I think that's enough rambling from me - go & enjoy Split!

• Liked — Quiet location but near the centre of things
  • Disliked — Web site implied more assistance with excursions etc than was available (but there was lots of advice in the city centre)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo