“4 Star Price but More Like a 3 Star B&B”

Jupiter Heritage Hotel
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Split
Melbourne, Australia
“4 Star Price but More Like a 3 Star B&B”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

First off try finding it, a tiny doorway off a restaurant (that should have been my first alarm bell). Reception is a desk near the front door and you lug your own bags to your room - which I found small and a bit pokey. There are only 3 rooms per floor, 3 stories high, and to me it is a modest bed and breakfast not a hotel.

The major issue - and for this alone I would NEVER EVER stay here again (and certainly not with a partner) - is with the toilet and bathroom combination. In trying to be all modern they stupidly decided that a door would not be needed to the toilet/bathroom - I was luckily travelling alone - I'm not into the idea of having to use the toilet whilst your companion sits a couple of feet away!!!

There is also a major design problem with the bathroom/shower area in that it floods out to the hall everytime you have a shower, so I was constantly putting down towels and dealing with that mess.

Staff (particularly receptionists) were friendly and fairly helpful , it was clean and it was located in the heart of the old Spilt heritage area (Palace of Diocletian). If I had booked this as a three star hotel and paid three star prices it would have been ok - but calling this place a 'luxury' hotel is an absolute stretch.

Room Tip: Ask if your bathroom has a door!! And if you are claustrophic probably don't say on the thir...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank CzechSkippyMelb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We booked Jupiter at last minute and weren't expecting much. However i was overwhelmed with the service and style for a hotel in this price bracket.

Jupiter's has been recently refurbished and the hotel combines contemporary design with the classic sandstone walls of Split. Our room had a spectacular sandstone wall running down one side. The room was small but very stylish. I loved it.

Five mins after arriving in our room we recieved a knock on the door with a basket of fruit and a couple of ice-teas. I was so impressed and just what we needed.

The hotel staff were really friendly and great to talk to.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
dragana e, Manager at Jupiter Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Robbie!

Thank You for Your positive comment! We're very happy to read that our hotel made your vacantion even better than You expected! I'll pass this positive comment of Yours to the rest of the staff!
Wishing You all the best, and hoping one day we'll have an honor to host You again!

Best Regards,
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Before we came we saw bad rating in some guides but some websites mentioned that the hotel has been totally renewed few month ago. And indeed, we had a nice small room with stone wall and modern setup. The location is perfect In the middle of the historical center close to the port and all the restaurants.

The only drawback was the breakfast. Real coffee and fresh orange juice would make a difference.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank You for Your positive comment!

We're really happy You liked the room, and Yo've enjoyed during Your stay in LH Jupiter!
Also, thank You for showing up on our deficiencies- it means a lot to us. It's easier to improve something whan You know where to start!

I hope You liked Croatian, and I hope You're going to visit us (at least) one more time to check our new, improved breakfast with real coffe and squeezed juice!

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My friend and I booked this hotel as a treat at the end of a 5 night holiday on Hvar. We were looking forward to a bit of 4 star luxury but ended up disappointed.
The rooms have recently been refurbished and look very clean and modern..... this is where the 4 star quality ends.
Our room was a twin on the top floor and very small. The beds weren't even full singles in size. The TV was fixed on the wall at one end of the room and not visible from either bed unless you crained your neck. Not usually a problem but we were wanting to watch some Olympic highlights! The tiny sofa was facing the door at the other end of the room so no veiw of TV from here either. Very badly thought out room plan.
The other issue with the room was the bathroom.... trying to be all modern and cool they decided that a door would not be needed! Imagine having to use the loo whilst your companion listens!!! We had to ask each other to put in headhones while we went!!!
The bathroom/wetroom also flooded into the bedroom everytime we had a shower as the drainage angle was not steep enough so we had to put towels down and ring them out constantly. Of course we tried to allert reception to get help with this but the reception phone was engaged for the whole duration of our stay. Finally a cleaner came to help us but was very eager to tell us it was not her problem.
I would also like to tell you about the roof top jacuzzi.... ewwwwww it was disgusting. The water was grey and there was a thick line of brown scum all around the sides. We'd booked it for an hour (free of charge before 8pm) but didn't even get in it. Use it at your peril but ask if the water's been changed recently first.
Breakfast was very basic for a 4 star hotel, just cereal, bread chese and ham. No cooked options offered to us which would have been nice.
It wasn't all bad - the receptionists were friendly and fairly helpful (apart from never getting through to them on the phone). It was clean. Location is excellent and we got a 'free' glass of wine and snack on arrival.
If we had booked this as a three star hotel and paid three star price we would have been reasonanly happy (apart from the filthy jacuzzi) but it was a lot of money for us and therefore left us really disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank TamTam73
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2012

First off all I would like to say a few things about this new hotel...............well I am from Dallas,Texas USA and my friend from Washington D.C. told me about this new hotel in Split.....first I was a little bit sceptic because I read lot s of bad thing about Jupiter but........I WAS WRONG.....man this is somethin beautiful.......old town new hotel.....city center.....rooms everything.......and those girls at the recepcion,uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuu.............would like to invite them to my ranch in Texas........smile every morning,smile in the afternoon,smile in the evening.........I felt like at home......and the restaurant......beautiful,tasty,quality.......fish is great.....the chef he is a Emperor in the hotel,,,but those girls they are queens sorry boys in the restaurant but they are something................However, I am not at all sorry that I was here and my recommendation to everyone is .... If you want to be like a drop of water on hand, go to Jupiter Luxury Hotel will not go wrong ...........

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cordell W
Dear Mr. Cordell!

Thank You for Your feedback!

I have to tell You; girls are still talking about You, so we're hopeing You're coming back! :-)

Also, thank You for all the nice things You have written!

Missing You, and sending You sunny and warms Croatian regards!

Hvala!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Having heard of the renovations this year, we were optimistic and looking forward to a comfortable stay in the centre of Split Old Town. Unfortunately this hotel is punching above its station - the service was awful, none of their facilities were working and there seemed to be a communication break down between th staff who were incapable of helping with anything. Even getting breakfast was a struggle and involved us hunting down our own china and cutlery, plus waiting for half an hour to get any food at all. As for the rooms, they were nice enough but the finish is not great, so I don't expect they will stay looking nice for very long. We stayed for just one night, a blessing in disguise!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank colstar26
dragana e, Manager at Jupiter Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Mr. Colstar,

We are very sorry to read a review like this, especially since we didn’t received any complains from You during Your stay, on the contrary You were satisfied with room and the staff.
I have to tell You, that Your review affected all of LH Jupiter’s staff, because we have tried our bests to make You and all of our other guests, happy during the stay. I guess, sometimes You succeed, sometimes You fail, no matter how hard You try.
Although, when I think about it now, it seems to me that we had some “12,00 € parking issues” which You refuse to pay? Maybe that was a “trigger” to Your dissatisfaction by our hotel?
Nevermind,
I’m sorry again, and I hope that dissappoinment in our hotel didn’t ruin Your vacantion or Your opinion about Croatia.

Best Regards,
LH Jupiter****
lausanne
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel was completely remodeled in the summer 2012, we stayed there 3 days, 3 weeks after its reopening.
The hotel is small, and the room was a pleasant surprise (although we had a standard room): modern furnishing, really nice bathroom with jacuzzi, preservation of the old city walls inside most rooms.
The service was simply perfect with a helpful and efficient crew.
The must-do is the rooftop hot tub, with white wine and fruit, very romantic, but reservation is required.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the original city wall
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tcu82
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank You for Your positive feedback!

We are really happy that we managed to make Your stay as nice as You wanted! Also, I have to say, with Your kidness- You made our job much easier! :-)

Thank You again for taking time to write this wonderful comment, it means a lot to us!

I hope You liked Croatia, and I hope we'll meet again at LH Jupiter!

Warm regards,