“Gosh this was hard to find”

Jupiter Heritage Hotel
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Split
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Gosh this was hard to find”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had printed off maps from google maps. I had printed off directions from the hotel website. we had a satnav. I knew we couldn't drive right up.

Our stanav brought us to the harbourfront carpark; hubby minded car while I got out to locate the hotel, which we knew was really close. Satnav brought me to a building that was clearly NOT the hotel. I consulted the map and tried again. No joy. I asked shopkeeper after shopkeeper.
At one point I even asked the waiter in what turned out to be the restuarant directly opposite the hotel, and he sent me off on a walk-wild-goose-chase. He must have known! Rivalry???

When we eventually found it, the directions to their carpark involved more hilarity and getting lost.

The reception staff are nice. The room was impressive and modern. BUT things kept falling off.... e.g. the door handle to the flimsy glass door separating the bathroom from the bedroom. You would not want to have modesty issues here!

Breakfast is diverse and tasty, but stay here for a few nights, and you begin to appreciate that they are serving you up last night's dinner left overs - strange things arrive like cold courgettes and aubergines......... Coffee machine ! Awful coffee ! a sin in this part of the world.

This hotel could not be more central. If you want to be in the heart of Split (I can think of nicer places to be) this certainly fits the bill. The room was comfortable and amzingly quiet, given the mayhem in the streets outside.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Irelandlife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at Hotel Jupiter for a night either side of a one week Sail Croatia trip and I cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and the staff.
The hotel is extremely well-located and the rooms are modern and clean.
I was travelling alone and felt extremely safe at all times, as the front desk is manned 24 hours.
Wifi was excellent, as was breakfast.
Dragana was very friendly and so helpful with any requests, including holding my large bags for me whilst I was on my cruise. I really felt as if Hotel Jupiter was a home away from home.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank bbriedis
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My son and I spent a day and evening at the Jupiter Hotel in Split. The hotel is situated on a beautiful square inside the grounds of Diocletian's Palace and just a few steps from the church/mausoleum and the waterfront. The hotel is small but the room we stayed in was wonderfully modern and charming. Breakfast in the morning was good. The staff especially Dragana was helpful and friendly. She gave us good advice on public transportation to Zagreb. We were there this December in off-season so were the only guests but I would imagine the place is harder to book in the tourist season. You can't go wrong here.
Bill O'Reilly
Denver Colorado

Room Tip: Room 301 on the top floor had a good view of the square and the Temple of Jupiter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Bill O
Florianópolis, SC
Reviewed 22 November 2012

It's beautiful small hotel in the middle of Deocletian Palace, ideally located for Split. The rooms are good, with old wall that makes a good diference. Average breakfast. The wi-fi was excellent, working in rooms. Parking is not so near and a bit difficult to find (Very helpfull staff had to help me).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank robertoleo
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was staying at Jupiter Luxury Hotel for 3 nights, and that experience I can describe with one word: AMAZING!

It's beautiful new design hotel in the middle of Deocletian Palace. Balance between modern and tradition is perfect! Light show in corridors, funny panda I-pod docks, preserved old walls in rooms, and extraordinary staff made this hotel one of the best boutiqe hotels I've ever been to.

Final touch is jaccuzi on rooftop. Perfect after a day of exploring Split. And If You combine it with a dinner from restaurant "Kuzina"... You have a winner!

However: I highly recomend this place! Worth of every penny!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lota g
toronto
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The shower flooded our floor and we had to use the sink to wash up. The phone did not work to call the service desk. When my boyfriend brought the concierge to our room to show him the flood, he left to return with towels. He handed them to us so we could mop up the floor....all the mean time repeatedly apologizing. There were no other rooms available and it was far too late to look for other accommodations. The next morning the cleaning lady barged into our room extremely early and we jumped out of bed. We couldn't sleep after. We asked for a discount for not meeting the basic needs of a hotel and were denied and even charged breakfast. I've had better service in 3rd world countries. I have also never asked for a discount for poor service but I think not being able to bath properly and not getting a good nights rest accounts for some sort of discount. We will never go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank lil085
mpls mn
Reviewed 18 October 2012

we were 3 adults in a family but room size really dictated 2 rooms. Off season price was doable and had great breakfast in the morning. Made to order eggs, great meats/cheese platters plus rolls, fruit etc. Staff bent over to help us both at front desk and in the restuarant when we had questions. Be sure to go to Green market which is held every morning

Room Tip: we had 302 which was clean and comfortable. we opened the closet door to give some bathroom privacy...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family