All reviews a lovely family run hotel type cafe sloping ceiling old town quad room busy road hotel terrace lovely patio yogurt extremely helpful staff included eggs economy room modern shower top floor small hotel recommend this hotel early flight
Reviewed 11 August 2011

A wonderful hotel, located very close to the main 'Riva' thoroughfare. We had a huge room, with a modern shower, and the staff, as everyone else says, are truly excellent and friendly. They really couldn't have been better and we felt cared for and safe. We were in room 1 near the reception area but apart from very occasional, momentary noise as people came in through the front door nothing disturbed us. The only small thing to note is that the restaurant is pretty average, a great place for breakfast but I'd probably try somewhere else for lunch/dinner. If you must, the gnocchi and meat were good, but the calamari is not recommended! Try the nearby Antika restaurant which was amazing! Also, use Diana's airport taxi, its cheaper than others.L

Room Tip: Room one is great, very big, and although you get a little bit of noise from people coming in through reception its minimal.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My friends and I stayed at the Villa Diana for only one night, we wish we could of stayed longer. It is a great little hotel, in a perfect location. It's close to the heart of Split, but further enough away that it is quiet of a night. It is a family run hotel, all staff members go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. We had a room for 3, it was on the top floor, almost like a little attic. It was extremely clean and comfortable, with a huge bathroom. If I'm ever lucky enough to return to Split, I will most definitely stay at Villa Diana again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2011

But it was difficult to find....the city is large and confusing, don't end up on a side street with a car!!! The staff met us and showed us the way once we got close. They are very helpful. The hotel itself is average. Our linen, towels, etc. were worn and tattered. They should be replaced. But the hotel is within a few minutes walk to the waterfront and all the activities. The restaurant food is average, but again the staff was great. Make sure you are in the old city after 8pm. Have a glass of wine in the plaza and watch the 'show' that is put on in the evenings. We had guitar music one night, then salsa dancing the next. It was a lot of fun!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lovetotravel1959
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to get back to the hotel once we passed it, so we parked and walked back down. The hotel manager was so nice, greeted me by name, and offered to walk back to our car with us to guide us back down to the parking lot.

Once we got back to the hotel, we checked in (we had the smallest room in the hotel but it was more than adequate - how much time are you really going to spend in your room??), the manager explained how close we were to everything. 5 minutes from the beach, restaurants/bars/nightlife, and of course Diocletian's Palace. The hotel is also located directly across from the police department.

We could not have picked a better hotel! It was fantastic and we will definitely be staying there again the next time we're in Split!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cara C
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My husband was ill on the plane and was taken into hospital in Split. I was alone and without my luggage. I couldnt have wished for more help from the staff at the Diana. They were really helpful, and caring. The rooms were great and the food and service was excellent. Lots of hot tea always served with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble.
After 4 days my husband was discharged and we spent our remaining few days there. Thank you Matthew and all the staff. We will return to your beautiful country soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple