All reviews a lovely family run hotel type cafe sloping ceiling old town quad room busy road hotel terrace lovely patio yogurt extremely helpful staff included eggs economy room modern shower top floor small hotel recommend this hotel early flight
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Excellent hotel, very friendly and homely atmosphere, Matthew was such a great host and we appreciate all his advise and being so accommodating throughout our stay.. Well done sir!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank kohleon
Reviewed 22 November 2011

While I agree with other reviewers regarding the location and service, the rooms are quite basic and not in themselves worth the price.

The one issue which we had was that there was a distinct odor of sewer gas in the bathroom. I was able to aleviate this but probably merely passed it on to someone else. This is a problem I have not encountered anywhere else including the third world. I would be interested in the experiences of other reviewers regarding this issue: will it be fixed?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank spencer96
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed two night here and enjoyed it very much. Matthew was willing to do whatever was needed to make our stay comfortable. The Villa Diana was only 5-10 minutes walk to the Old City. They offered free parking, which is a real plus in Split, since parking space is at such a premium in Split. The breakfast was outstanding. We were lucky to be assigned room 2, which is on the second floor - counting the entry level as the first floor (no elevators). We had a view of the sea out our front window. They have taken great pains to sound proof the rooms and have been successful. The hotel is right on the main street, not set back a block or two as Mappy seemed to indicate. The bathroom was small, but nicely tiled.

Room Tip: Room 2 was great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingDave72
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I really enjoyed staying here. When I was not happy with the twin beds there and asked for a double they changed the room without any fuss. The people there were very friendly and informative and went out of their way to help. The hotel is very centrally located to the beaches and the Riva. Very closely situated to the old town and within easy access of the main attractions. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night only early in September 2011. As promised in various e-mails prior to my arrival the owner had reserved me a parking space outside the hotel. Parking is scarce in Split so this was much appreciated. On my way to the hotel I had got a little lost and becasue i was late the hotel owner or one of the staff telephoned me to see if I was okay. When I explained the predicament he said that he would wait in the road adjacent to the hotel and look out for us. This he did and it helped us considerably.
On our arrival he was very friendly and helpful and accompanied me to the room and explained all that was necessary. He provided instructions for the next day when I had to collect ferry tickets from the port. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.
Breakfast was a usual mediteranean selection of good quality and choice, hot breakfasts were available.
Bedrooms and bathrooms were adequate and very clean. Wireless internet connection was available.
On the evidence of only one nights stay I would recommend this hotel which is fairly close to the City Centre, Port and Palace.

Room Tip: The hotel doesn't have many rooms so room choice will be limited but the rear of the hotel will be quieter than the front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends