“Great Hotel, unsightly area”
Review of Atrium Hotel

Atrium Hotel
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice Hotel but not close enough to the main centre... Be prepared to see ugly graffiti everywhere. We have been staying in several different hotels on our travel around Croatia over the past week and we found this one to provide the best in comfort. When we arrived our room booked was incorrect from our travel agent back home and we found the staff very helpful and obliging in correcting this, they found us another room more suitable straight away. They even provided a bottle of wine on ice in our room after breakfast for my wife's birthday the next day. We were given a nice large room, which had a comfortable bed + good pillows. A good size bathroom with 2 separate basins, good hot water, nice cool air conditioning which was appreciated due to the hot days, and the wi- fi worked throughout the Hotel. I even had some msgs go to my phone when I was outside on the front footpath. The restaurant meals were fine, nothing outstanding but enjoyable.
Breakfast buffet was average. We were concerned After reading some previous reviews regarding stolen cash and items taken from rooms, so we made sure that everything was locked away or some of our personal items were with us at all times, when we were out of the room and we didn't have a problem. But that's what we have done at all the Hotels that we've stayed at. On a down note, we didn't enjoy Split at all, way too dirty and with the unsightly graffiti everywhere, we were glad to leave.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wade S

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Being on a group tour with prepaid accommodations, we usually stay at luxe hotels. In comparison, this is a so-so and not centrally located hotel. Breakfast is very basic. It gets crowded when big groups come in at breakfast. There is no tea/coffee facility although WIFI is accessible in the room. A grocery"konzum" is located across the street from the hotel. There is a mall at the back called Joker which houses the Macdonalds and other food choices. A right turnfrom the main entrance and a short 100 meters away will bring you there. Do not be mislead with the sight of apartment blocks, it is in that area.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JAndrews10
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Atrium for 1 night during a tour. Good points about the hotel include nice new rooms that were very spacious and had good air conditioning. Buffet breakfast was also good with a reasonable variety to choose from. Location was ok with about a 20minute walk to the centre of town. Issues with the hotel included the fact that their wi-fi was variable and would only work for certain guests or after you phone attempted to connect to the network after 8 hours. Of our three devices we could only get one onto the wifi after leaving it overnight trying to connect. To top it off staff were very rude when we asked for help. They completely disregarded my husband and I went down after and only received marginally better service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, having left Brac one night early we needed a hotel for the night and called around a number, that same day, before finding this hotel still had vacancies! The hotel is modern and, we suspect, still had vacancies as it is a 10 minute taxi ride outside of the main tourist area of Split, and not in, from what we saw, a particularly attractive area. However on arrival we found a modern building, and smart reception and bar area.

We were checked in promptly enough and advised of the spa facilities available which are open until 9pm. Breakfast was also included in the room rate which was approximately 225 euros. Our room was on the first floor, the room was spacious, smart, modern and clean. We were suitably impressed with the facilities, perhaps also influenced by the fact we had just come from the 3 star Hotel Villa Adriatica on Brac, so a marked contrast (we do understand, saying that, the variation in price we paid!) We used the spa Swedish style sauna, they also had a turkish sauna which had been turned off, and an infrared sauna which we couldnt find. It was nice though to unwind in the sauna and swimming pool after a days travelling.

We used the room service facility and were very impressed with the food quality. The breakfast was ok, to be fair there was plenty of option, an offer of fresh coffee would be a bonus as the self serving machine coffee was loaded with sugar. The Egg Station lady was in a right kerfuffle, it took ages for my husband to be served two fried eggs. I asked for a plain omlette, went back up 5/10 minutes later and it still wasn't on, I think she had forgotten about it, when it arrived it was soggy as I think she had tried to get it done too quickly. It was busy and perhaps they should have two staff members dealing with this side, as the rest is all self service.

Asides from this the hotel was good, we probably would not stay there again, just based on its location, but it served its purpose very well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I wish I could give Zero star for a hotel which is not safe and secure and staff just ignores helping you out. Our vacation was totally ruined when we were robbed of all OUR money in the Hotel . We stayed in the Hotel June of 2013 in room #210 . Their key and lock system is aweful . They issue dummy keys before you even get there ! so any one who has access to those keys can enter your room .There was a huge column for no reason in the room that some one could easily hide behind it in the room .
My wallet was compleley emptied and they pretended as if this has never happened in their hotel before! Now I see all posts with the same experience we had during our stay!! We all came from different parts of the world , and we all have the same problem.
They stalled me for weeks and said The police is following up and they just advised me that they are sorry but my money was perhaps " stolen by a guest or by a staff " but they cant do anything!! I have asked them repeatedly to show the unedited footage of the securirty camera. They have denied and just responded that I was sitting in an area in breakfast room which was not covered by their securiry camera. The IT did show me where the wide angle camera was and I was sitting straight facing that camera . They told me It will take hours and days the check the security camera but in 5 minutes they came back and said we checked and nothing was seen suspicous!! We were robed either while asleep or when we were having breakfast !
SHAME ON A 5 STAR hotel .
Hotel managment suggested that I should do what I feel neccessary as if they dont care . They have contracts with tour companies and they already have established this managment guidleine " NO SERVICE AND IF POSSIBLE ROB THE GUESTS OF THEIR BELONGINGS" .
They Know by the time you find out and file police report you have to move on to another city .

Make sure if your tour company is using this Hotel to switch to other tour companies . There is nothing special about the Hotel ,
location BAD ,
Decor COLD
room HORRIBLE ,
The staff and securty IS THE WORST .

If you stay in this hotel You will agree to have your privacy and safety to be violated.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank mfouladi
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It's clearly a self rated 5 star hotel because every aspect was horrible.

A group of 11 of us stayed at this hotel in July 2013, in the first 2hours of checking in, numerous rooms were broken into and over €10,000 was stolen along with a number of iPhones, iPads and a designer bag.

Adding insult to injury, the staff were unhelpful and dismissive. After some persistence it became clear that a staff member had entered the rooms as the swipe system proved the same maid had entered the rooms. We were then notified that there had been a change in shift and that staff member had gone home.

We were offered NO compensation nor apology. We also had to persue law enforcement ourselves in order to make a police report. However the hotel management refused to make the security footage available.

This hotel is in a poor location with poor amenities and hopeless staff. I would only recommend this hotel if you have no regard for your personal belongings and privacy.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Michellelias
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Wellness and spa zone is quite good. Pool, turkish an finish sauna, gym, but without hair salon.
Overall nice and polite staff. True professionals.
Excellent buffet choice for breakfast.
Definitely will recomend it to thers.

• Stayed: August 2013