“Saved the BEST till last, love this place ! ”

Kod sfinge vaneuropske zviri
Ranked #40 of 476 Restaurants in Split
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We were in split for a couple of days after visiting some of the islands.we had the best meal of our 2 week holiday.I had the amazing beef and gnocci and my other half had steak with truffles.It was truly a treat for the tastebuds.followed by the chocolate cake which was yummy.

We had been here 2 years before and the food and service was just as good as we remembered .we look forward to visiting again next time we are in split !

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The restaurant was full but they fitted us in. The service, despite how busy the restaurant was, was excellent. The food was good local fare, well cooked and nicely served. Efficiently run but with real personality.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant on our first night in Split but were in search of something faster - so we made a point to find it again on night two. Everything was amazing and we received the BEST service since arriving to Croatia. My husband got the scampi and I got a steak and we were both pleased. Excellent wine, even the table wine, and the servers as well as the owner were fantastic. Recommend for anyone in search of an authentic meal in Split!!!

Note that it is cash only, but we didn’t have enough kuna so our waiter said EUR were also OK. Incredibly easy.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited this place with my family. We had the Dalmatian pasticada, ravioli with fresh black truffle and veal and lamb stew with green peas. All in all, a great experience with local food and friendly service.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I ate here on a recent trip with my brothers who love their food. Other guests had recommended it so we went with high hopes. The proprietor is a jovial woman who is very proud of her establishment.

All our meals came with their local fried chips, which we found a bit soggy. A waiter asked how was our meal and we told him about the chips and he went into a long explanation that other restaurants use "chips form bags" so not authentic though we enjoyed their crispy flavours. After a few minutes the proprietor comes over to ask about our experience, my brother is having problems with some chewy lamb chops and mentions the could be less tough. All of a sudden the proprietor is waving arms " so many complaints" so we quietly continue, myself chewing on tough squid with oozing membrane coming out which is not very tasteful but we resisted calling anyone to avoid a world war breakout.! This is not a bad restaurant but please do not criticize as she will pounce with claws !!!

Mirjana G, Owner at Kod sfinge vaneuropske zviri, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

So sad that we can not make happy people who are strongly attached to frozen fries. By the way, those, as you said, "nice even with a skin on" are called "carozza" and can be found in every deep freezer even where you live. In the meantime, we will stick to local fresh products. Just to mention, we don't serve lamb chops and we can not discuss someone's dentistry as it is a private matter.