Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Hostel
Hotel Perla(Dubrovnik)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Park(Dubrovnik)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe busold townwelcome drinkcommon areasair conditioningtwo nightstakes about minutesminute walkmilkadbckunalaundrywarporthostsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. I've stayed twice over the course of 5 years and each time it's truly felt like I was staying with family. Ivica, the hostel owner/manager, is one of the warmest, kindest and most generous people I've ever had the good fortune to know. He coordinates tours to the surrounding areas, including Kravice Falls and Mostar in nearby Bosnia, fun group dinners, bar crawls, etc. His mom is the resident chef who makes an outstanding breakfast each morning that included delicious French toast...how many hostels can make that claim?? All in all, if you're staying in Dubrovnik and want an "insider" experience beyond compare, I would highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank arlene527
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Loved loved loved this place. The family who run it are amazing, and made my time in Dubrovnik unforgetable. It felt like staying with old friends and I loved every minute.

The family organise day trips and fun activities for residents which are so reasonably priced. The sons come along and share local knowledge (and excellent jokes about Montengerans). I had an amazing day in Montenegro which I will never forget, but if not for this hostel, would not have visited.

As a female travelling alone, I felt very safe and the set up of the hostel makes it very easy to make friends.

I initially did not want to book this place as it wasn't in the old city, but the reviews on another website made me change my mind, and I am so glad I did. The old city is a short and easy bus ride away and there is really only a day's worth of attractions there anyway.

I challenge anyone not to have the time of their lives at this hostel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Sophiemac108
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at Dubrovnik Backpackers Club last spring and at the best experience! I've stayed in hostels all over the place, and the owners here were by far the friendliest. Everyone was very helpful, generous, and made us feel right at home. We loved getting to know the family who runs the places, and they were more than willing to give us tips on our time spent in Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hilmo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club was by far one of the best hostels I stayed at in 15 weeks, travelling through Europe. I still talk about all the amazing tours Ivica took us on. It was a perfect walk to town and an AMAZING walk to the beaches. I hate writing reviews, but this place deserves ones beyond words! It made Croatia the best experience. Not only is Dubrovink beautiful but in 14 weeks it finally felt like we were HOME. The family took care of us, having fresh breakfast every morning, meals with your friends every evening, and during the day it was like being with your siblings. It was by far the happiest environment we had experienced in awhile.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristina C
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is an excellent family hostel. Only a short bus/walk to old town or ferry and is very close to the beach. The family who run the hostel are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful...good for a daily game of football on the local pitch as well! :-)

• Stayed: June 2011