Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Hostel
US$258
US$235
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe busold townwelcome drinkcommon areasair conditioningtwo nightstakes about minutesminute walkmilkadbckunalaundrywarporthostsupermarket
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a great time staying here. While the whole family was very helpful, for me Milka and Nikola went out of the way to ensure we had the best time. I thought their rates were a little on the steeper side given the location but the place was still popular with young travelers. Met a lot of nice ppl, did bbq's together, drank our butts off at the hostel till quiet hours and then went out. In short, a great place to have fun and relax.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

So the location is not great but it would otherwise get you to see the walking street and one of the most beautiful parks in the area that would likely never visit in Dubrovnik.

The owners were nice and took time to show pictures of the war and share locally produced wine and foods.

The rooms were standard hostel fare, nothing exceptional and the common room was nice but again nothing amazing.

Hanging out there was a bit odd. Given that it is in a suburb and an apartment complex you have to keep it down after about 10pm and move inside. There is only the kitchen and the movie room so not really a place to hang with fellow hostellers. Given that it is a 20 mins bus ride from the centre it’s not super convenient. The fact that they had beer and wine to sell was nice and the breakfast in the morning for 20 KN was a great deal and delicious.

Final thoughts: I enjoyed my stay more so then others I was with. It worked fine for an older traveler who didn't care about the location or partying into the wee hours of the morning.

Note: If you have a car, they have GREAT parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Staying with Milka and her family is the best hostel experience I have had! The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the gem of the place is the family, who are extremely friendly and helpful from the first honey brandy welcome drink up til booking my bus trip to Montenegro. The atmosphere amongst fellow backpackers is collegial too. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Skywander
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Was surprised this place has such great reviews, but think it must be for the owner/managers not for hostel itself. The owners were lovely however were not aware of our booking made 5 days earlier, so decided to put us in an apartment 500m down the road. Apartment was dirty, we had to clean the mould out of the fridge to use it. There was no wifi there, we had to return to the hostel to use it, but it didn't work after the first day anyway. There was no atmosphere in the common room- no one hanging out to meet and chat with.
I knew the hostel was out of the old town and was happy to stay there knowing this if it was as wonderful as the reviews described, which it was not. Its a 20-30 min bus trip to the old town (not 10!!) And it's a 15 minute walk to the beach and shops so not close to anything!
People should rate this place based on the actual facilities not on how nice the family are!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BelleJenni
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I don't know where to start because I had a great time at the hostel and would like to thank the family for there warm welcome and help!

I also would like to thank fellow travellers for their comments as if it was not for them I would not have chose the hostel.

I had such a warm welcome from Milka, the mother of the DBC team who took the time to take me through the map of the local area including the best deals for eating and sight seeing.

Supermarket is 10 minutes to walk and it's a 15 minute ride to the old town by bus. There are 2 beaches near by and lots of restaurants with good cheap food.

The hostel is lovely, clean and social! I met lots of lovely people from all over, Canada, Germany, Australia not to mention the lovely staff who were so helpful.

I also did the snorkelling trip with Ivy (DBC Team) and some girls from the hostel which was nice and relaxing seeing the blue and green caves not to mention eating the blue fish at the restaurant which we all enjoyed. Free sangria on the boat also!

Such a great hostel and atmosphere, thank you DBC Team for such a wonderful time!!

Stay here!! It is home from home as the other reviews have said!

• Stayed: September 2013