“Possibly the best hostel I've stayed at”

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Hostel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thanks so much to everyone at DBC. It's easy to see why they receive such good reviews from everyone as everyone goes the extra mile to ensure you have a great stay. Room is great with a nice common area and kitchen in a good location near two beaches. They run great tours, we did a boat trip one day that was 25 euros for one of the best days of my holiday I'd recommend it thoroughly. Excellent value for money. Milka is such a nice lady, always giving you food and coffee and whatever you need. If I'm ever in Dubrovnik again I'll be back without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PhilRevie

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

To stay somewhere and feel like you are at your own house being visited by lots of different friends is just amazing! I never felt like these in anyother place! You have to have this experience! Never felt so happy in a hostel! They will do absolutely everything to make you feel at home and have your problems solved! Loved it! It's a must do!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maria Luiza F
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hostel is run by some of the nicest and most welcoming people. The couple who runs the hostel is extremely nice and even offered us a ride to the store one morning because we had not bought our bus passes yet. I had some amazing conversations with Milka and she was always kind enough to offer me coffee/tea when I went to see her. The hostel itself is clean and well-equipped. The common room is great for socializing with other guests, watching sports/movies, or just relaxing with some music. Would definitely visit again if I have the chance!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

From the first step through the door we were welcomed like family. Business was put aside to enjoy free grape brandy, wine, and a delicious home prepared meal. We extended our stay from 2 nights to 4 after the first day due to the amazing value and treatment. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, the common room was well equipped with cooking equipment and spices, and there was a projector screen with a large selection of movies. The location was along a bus line that would bring you directly to old town, but was far enough removed to keep grocery shopping affordable. The breakfast deal was amazing value, with the owner cooking eggs to order, and offering a large selection of homemade bread and preserves.... Shuttles and tours offered by the hostel were very affordable and enjoyable. What more can be said? This was an amazing hostel experience.

~Steve

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SteveRChase_
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was a real refreshing stop on our huge backpacking trip. The damily that run this place make you feel like you catching up with old friends or family and that everything is welcome to you. Me Casa, su Casa mentallity. The spot is abosolutly gorgous as well, right near a nice quiet beach, away from the noisey old town and up on a hill so you can see over the city all day in the sun. Go here and stay if you in Dubrovnik, I want to go back just to stay there, nevermind Dubrovnik being awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Awesome hostel. My buddies and I met a lot of great new people, and had some amazing adventures organized by the hostel. In fact, our adventure day was one of the coolest days I've ever spent. The Perkovic family really made us feel at home. One of the few things was the amazing breakfast provided by Milka each morning. They also have an awesome common area and a wide variety of movies to choose from if you want a more relaxed night.

Another thing I really enjoyed was that they welcomed me with open arms. They sat me down, told me to relax and provided me with snacks and drinks (and a welcome shot!) as we went through the payment process.

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club will 100% be the hostel I choose to stay at next time I find myself in Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 4-person room with my friend Hugh. It was great. There were 2 bunk beds and the room h...