“Excellent hostel!”

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Hostel
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent hostel!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hostel is at quick glance a hostel much like any others I've stayed at, however, once I was there I quickly realized it is much, much more and easily one of the best hostels I have stayed at.

What stood out for me the most about this hostel is Milka. She is amazing and has an amazing family to help her out. She takes you in and treats you like you are a long-lost friend or a dear family member. Whether she is loading up your plate with all you can eat french toast (for only 20 kuna!) or directing you to the local sights, she is amazing.

The hostel itself is kept clean by the great staff and has a very "refreshing" feel. The common room is very comfortable with a well equipped kitchen and free internet use/wifi. The hostel is located a little out of the way, however, close to several great beaches and only a 10 - 15 minute bus ride to the Old City. They provide great day trips to nearby Bosnia as one and Montenegro as another to name a few. You get to see highlights that you normally wouldn't on a more generic trip, and all for good prices.

Overall, I had an excellent experience there, met some great people and made some good friends. This hostel is made great by the "homey, family-feel" everyone brings to it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much to Milka, Nikola, Ivi, Srdjan and the rest of the family for the warmest welcome you could wish for when on holiday. Milka's breakfast is the absolute best - French toast, all kinds of homemade jams and marmalades, fresh elderflower juice - just amazing! The staff are so helpful. I did two of the tours - one to the fortress and then the botanical garden and the other was the island boat trip. Both so relaxed, informative and fun! Thanks so much to you all for a wonderful stay - I hope to visit you again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Marseille, France
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked two nights and stayed a third one ! I was travelling by myself and would have stayed more if i could! just loved the place ! The all family is amazing ! the breakfast is perfect, the excursions are really cool. Only problem, it's a little far from the old town where all the bars are.. but I met great people !
Oh and when i forgot my passport in the room after I left, they sent it back to me in the couple of days after.

Really helpfull and friendly! see you soon !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Cusco, Peru
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived I wasn't quite sure about this place... It was chaotic and seemed a bit run down. But I quickly came to realize it's all about the people here! Fantastic energy here and Milka is the most wonderful Croatia momma imaginable! Have met so many cool people, which has made up for the somewhat run down (but still totally acceptable) accommodations. The location is actually great, as it's more of an authentic dubrovnic experience and lots of bars/cafes/restaurants nearby as well as beaches.

Stayed June 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thanks so much to everyone at DBC. It's easy to see why they receive such good reviews from everyone as everyone goes the extra mile to ensure you have a great stay. Room is great with a nice common area and kitchen in a good location near two beaches. They run great tours, we did a boat trip one day that was 25 euros for one of the best days of my holiday I'd recommend it thoroughly. Excellent value for money. Milka is such a nice lady, always giving you food and coffee and whatever you need. If I'm ever in Dubrovnik again I'll be back without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhilRevie
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

To stay somewhere and feel like you are at your own house being visited by lots of different friends is just amazing! I never felt like these in anyother place! You have to have this experience! Never felt so happy in a hostel! They will do absolutely everything to make you feel at home and have your problems solved! Loved it! It's a must do!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maria Luiza F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hostel is run by some of the nicest and most welcoming people. The couple who runs the hostel is extremely nice and even offered us a ride to the store one morning because we had not bought our bus passes yet. I had some amazing conversations with Milka and she was always kind enough to offer me coffee/tea when I went to see her. The hostel itself is clean and well-equipped. The common room is great for socializing with other guests, watching sports/movies, or just relaxing with some music. Would definitely visit again if I have the chance!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends