“'Importanne Resort Merit's and 'A' for Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Importanne Resort Dubrovnik
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Burlington, Canada
“'Importanne Resort Merit's and 'A' for Awesome!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I vacationed for a week in Dubrovnik last August with friends and loved every minute of it. We chose to stay at the Importanne Resort because it is one of the few places we could find online in Dubrovnik that has rooms and suites, which was perfect for our group of 7. We didn't regret our decision one bit as the accommodations were spacious, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were clean, the towels were plush and the sea view was breathtaking. Another great point is that breakfast is buffet-style and we were able to sit outside on the terrace altogether as a small group next to the sea. We were equally delighted with the buffet-style dinner, which we had five times during our stay as well as the a la carte restaurant Zoe's where we dined twice. We didn't eat at the Old Town, but did visit several times. The Old Town is magical and unique and only a 10-minute taxi ride from the resort. You must walk the walls if you're visiting Dubrovnik and make sure to bring water, suncream and a hat (or something for shade) as it gets hot up there. At night, give the ''hole in the wall'' a try as it's definitely worth the experience. I'll definitely go back to Dubrovnik in the future and will be staying at Importanne Resort again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I'm generally not a fan of resorts but we were in Dubrovnik with friends and their 2 young daughters so this worked perfectly for us. We stayed at the Royal Palm (a notch down from the Royal Princess) and it was quite nice. The rooms are modern and tidy, albeit some parts a little tired. We had a suite with an adjoining room for the 6 of us. The suite apparently had a kitchenette however this was simply a 2 burner ceramic stove and sink with no crockery, pots or utensils. The microwave was in the cupboard with no connection to power so had to be lifted out and placed on the small bench. Really it was entirely pointless. Other than that no real issues. On site facilities are good, the main pool was a decent size but icy cold water. Even the water in the large indoor spa was tepid. Strange given most resorts heat their pools.The bar was great, and the food and alcohol was very reasonably priced for a resort, so big bonus there. Breakfast was excellent and the quality of food was good. Restaurants on site don't bother with. Go for a 10 minute walk to the local eateries and you'll have a much better experience. Finally, staff are indeed excellent as per the recent reviews - big tick for customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vitsk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

On arrival at the Hotel Reception, we got upgraded from Hotel Ariston to the recently refurbished Royal Princess Hotel which couldnt have been a better start to my 50th celebrations in Dubrovnik. I can only echo the reviews of others here it is an amazing resort and our room (No. 3002) was definitely 5 star luxuriousness - it overlooked the sea and had a lovely balcony with sunbeds, table and chairs for when we wanted to relax and enjoy the sunsets over a glass or two of wine. My husband organised a cake (chocolate) of course! to be brought to the room on my birthday which was beautifully wrapped in cellophane and was extremely gooey and lovely. The food in the Resort was absolutely delicious too. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening out of the 4 we were there and we were spoilt for choice with the variety of food on offer. The breakfast choices in the Royal Princess Hotel are all excellent - anything you asked for was provided. The breakfast fruit platter was truly delicious. The bus (No. 6) into the Old Town is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. You can purchase from the hotel, a three day or a weekly Dubrovnik tourist card will give you 10 or 20 journeys on the buses which is good value as it also allows entry into the museums. Dubrovnik is a wonderful place to visit - a trip in the cable car is a must and a meal in the restaurants in the Old Town is a must do! We went up one of the side streets and came across a fish restaurant - not cheap but it was a great find! We will go back to Croatia maybe to another part but I would recommend Dubrovnik to anyone wanting a long weekend as we did.

Room Tip: If you get upgraded ask for Room 3002 which is the ultimate in luxury - two bathrooms and a lovely l...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JillyFY
Nottingham
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Last minute beach getaway with the girls! Booked through Jet2holidays and found a fantastic deal with flights and 7nights B&B. On arrival at the Importanna Resort, we were surprisingly upgraded to their Royal Princess Hotel building - a 5* hotel, which was truly luxurious. The staff could not have been kinder and more welcoming. The hotel was spotless and beautifully decorated. The location was supreme, and the facilities provided were more than enough! The breakfast buffet was amazing - a whole spread of different foods ranging from cooked english breakfast to bread/cheese/meat to miso soup, with coffee and juice "on tap". The a la carte menus, whilst slightly pricey, were totally worth it, with a fantastic menu on offer and a wonderful atmosphere. I could not rate it more highly.
The day trips that they offer seem to come with a bit of a surplus charge and I would advise shopping around. But to be honest, the area (Lapad) and even just the beach within the hotel, is enough to provide a fantastic week of fresh fish, cocktails and a relaxing holiday in the sun on the beach.
The only area with room for improvement (if I have to be critical!) is the air con in the rooms - it doesn't get that cold, and therefore it can be quite warm at night. If you like to almost freeze, perhaps bear this in mind.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked Ariston Hotel at Importanne Resort for my Dubrovnik vacation after overhearing a stranger raving about her Dubrovnik vacation in a local coffee shop. I was already planning my travels to Dubrovnik and she convinced me to look no further than Importanne Resort. Needless to say, I was not the least disappointed and savoured every moment of being there. The room was gorgeous with a fabulous view of the sea and nearby islands while the bathroom has everything you need from great water pressure to a hair fan and make up mirror. My favourite part is Restaurant Zoe though. The food is delicious and the views from the terrace are magnificient. Imagine having dinner each evening enjoying Croatian wine and being mesmerised by the dazzling colourful sunset. The best part about the whole experience is that the sunset is different each evening!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VacationProfessional
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I spent last summer's vacation in Dubrovnik with my girlfriend and friends. We reserved a superior sea view room at Importanne Resort and did not regret it one bit. The view from the room was breathtaking and the room itself was spacious with full-size bathroom. We were quite impressed with how well the staff spoke English and how friendly and eager they were to serve. We ate at the resort the whole time except for once when we went to the Old Town and enjoyed both the buffet restaurant and Zoe's. Sitting on the terraces alongside the Adriatic is undescribable in words. The beach bar was also great for relaxing from the summer sun. I will definitely go back to Importanne Resort for my return visit to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelfreak75
Richmond
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This review has been a long time coming. I recently sat down with some friends and was telling them about my amazing experience's at this fantastic hotel. They asked why do you go back to the same place every summer? My response was; "I have never been treated so well by the staff, and the owners, I felt like I belonged there. A part of the family." To clarify, I have stayed at this wonderful hotel 5 of the last 6 years. The 1 year I missed work didn't allow me to travel, otherwise I would have been back 6 for 6. I have formed friendships with so many amazing people that I have met through this hotel. These people have become good friends, and will stay friends for a long time to come. The ownership is constantly striving to make the hotel better and better every year. The changes I have seen since 2007 are to put it bluntly, simply amazing!!!! The proximity to the sea, the breathtaking sunset, the seaside walk, and the closeness to old town make it a MUST stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on staying in Dubrovnik for a day, a week, or like me, 1 month. I feel like it is my home away from home.
Andrew M

Room Tip: if they are available, try and get a seaside room with a view......
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo