“Outstanding...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Importanne Resort Dubrovnik

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Importanne Resort Dubrovnik
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My recent stay at the Importanne Resort was outstanding. Every aspect of service was great but most of all, the staff were friendly and helpful and never made you feel uncomfortable about the variety of questions I had about the hotel, the surrounding geography, and the history of the "old town". The person who looked after tidying my room spoke perfect English and was extremely helpful in explaining every aspect about the resort including my visits to the "old town" and surrounding area. I felt that I had an in-hose professional tourist guide. I emphasize this point because in the past, when visiting some areas of the globe, I felt that when asking questions , I was talked down to as if I should know the answers to my inquiries.
After staying at Importanne with my sailing friends (we sailed in the area for 1 week), I decided to book my vacation, for next year, with my wife and children. There are so many activities to keep you busy here but my friends particularly enjoyed a boat ride, provided by the resort, to observe- from the sea side- other areas in the vicinity of Dubrovnik. At lunch time, we had a stop over at one of the sea side restaurants including a swim in the Adriatic.
The food at the resort was exceptional and a huge choice for everyones dietary needs.
From looking at a map, one may think that proximity to the "old town" could be an issue. Personally, the distance had no impact on my friends or I. The bus ride was frequent and pleasant having met other travellers from all over the world. Distance was never an issue. Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Already when I first contacted Katarina at the booking department I realised that the hotel must be brilliant, because the service was excellent. We booked a hotel car totake us from the airport to the hotel, the chaffeur was professional and friendly. We arrived at the hotel at 12 am and were informed that we were upgraded to a suite in The Royal Princes for our nine night stay. Eventhough we were early the room was readied for us at 1 pm and while we waited we were served welcome drinks.

The room was very nice, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a balcony with a sea view. The reception staff and concierge were friendly and helped us organize a trip to Mostar and also recommended many nice restaurants.

The breakfast was good but not five-star. The á la carte menu unfortunately served only egg dishes. Fresh tasty fruits and juices were served every morning and there was a wide variation of breads, allthough the croissants were rock hard and bland. Also there was only one pastry, chocolate croissants. We also ate at the hotel restaurant Zoe. The dinner was average and the lunch was tasty but provided no variation and became boring after a few days.

The location was good. There was a lot of restaurants within walking distance, but for shopping you had to take the bus to Dubrovnik. The busline worked well, but was totally crowded all the time both ways. When coming back from the old town on the last night we realised using bus number 5 insted was a better option. Although the route was a bit longer the bus was almost empty and air conditioned unlike the crowded line number 6.

All in all we really liked the hotel, the staff, and Croatia. We can warmly recommend this resort and vacationing in Crotia.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Neptune hotel which with three others - Royal Princess, Royal Palm and Hotel Ariston form the Importanne Resort. When we arrived the reception was excellent and check-in quick and smooth. Going down to the pool, however, we thought we had chosen badly with noisy fellow Brits all around. Over our three day stay though we really grew to like the hotel. It's amenities are excellent, the attention to detail first class and the rooms quiet and peaceful. The regular bus service from just outside the hotel make visiting the old town really easy. The breakfast buffet is fully comprehensive and having been out all day each day eating at Zoe's and La Castille on site was easy and excellent.
The bedrooms in Neptune are small but if like us you only sleep in the room they are perfectly adequate. Also nice to have tea and coffee facilities in the room and a balcony with a sea view. Towels were changed every day which is not really Eco-friendly and it would have been nice to have a light on the balcony otherwise everything was perfect. Staff are excellent!

Room Tip: The hotel has 7 floors. We were on 4 which gave good views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hayesej
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

When you book hotels in Dubrovnik, the first thing you have to consider is 'near old town' or not. In most cases, I think the ones near the old town is better choice, but this hotel has its own benefit such as great view and nice breakfast. It's convenient to travel from/to the old town because there are frequent buses right in front of the bus. And it's the last stop, so you can always sit and have comfortable trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jung-Pil C
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night only on business but would like to return for a holiday. It seems there is everything you could wish for here. Lovely rooms with great views, plenty of restaurants close by and a bus stop on the doorstep. The pools look lovely, plenty of sunbeds spread around and lots of scenic walks.
Would suit people of all ages.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I can not express enough on how amazing the Staff at Hotel Importanne was, I went on my own to Dubrovnik and they greeted me with open arms! the rooms were very nice, view was amazing and the beach bar and accessibility to the ocean and pools was nice. The food was not only great with many different restaurants and different food options, it taste amazing. The hotel is right off the ocean and walking distance to local caffe's, sailboat rides, jet skii, you name it they have it. I was very impressed and would and plan to go back in September

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view although even there rooms that don't have ocean view are very exceptional
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Logrono, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Gorgeous views of the Adriatic. Friendly and helpful staff. Well-equipped and comfortable rooms. Great food at the many restaurants on site. Truly could not have been a better experience. Will definitely come back in the future.

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are worth the higher rate
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends