“Happy family holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Importanne Resort Dubrovnik
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great setting on rocky peninsula. Small pools, great breakfast overlooking sea, BBQ with folk band, amazingly helpful staff, family and child friendly but perhaps not wheelchair friendly. No 6 bus into town costa about £1.00 each way but gets packed coming back, you might not get a seat and some people queue barge. If it all gets too much go to The Hilton nearby and have tea and cakes......

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Its our last night, i'm tempted to write a poor review just to stop others coming and pinching our room :)
We love it here. Stayed in the Ariston, room was fab, unbelievable views, wonderful balcony sunsets, just ace. We used all the restaurants and bars, we also used the Ariston spa every night, it was our own personal gym, sauna, steam and pool - empty.
Pools were great, sea and beds plentiful, just a great great week. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel sits in a spectacular location on the outskirts of Dubrovnik. There are several pools and the expanse of the Adriatic at the front of the hotel. Loads of deck chairs on the terraces, but no beach to speak of - access to the sea is via a rocky shore. We had connecting rooms on the 8th floor which was great for friends traveling together and would be terrific for a family. There is plenty of parking space if you are arriving by car. The breakfast buffet was very large, and we had an adequate salad lunch at the terrace cafe the one day we ate in.

A couple of caveats. While there is a convenient and frequent bus service to the old town, the bus becomes very crowded with tourists and locals alike and you may well feel you have to give up your seat to one of the elders or young mothers with children in arms. And while there is free wifi the internet service is very limited and cuts out often.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonPetunia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our recent stay at Importance Resort we stayed at Hotel Neptune this was outstanding. We arrived early so our rooms were not ready we were offerd cards to collect towels to use the facilites while we waited. I have to complement the staff having Coeliac Disease i was concerned about the food i would be able to eat. The staff and chef checked everything for me fantastic to know you are so well looked after. The rooms were clean and comfortable there are no tea making facilities in the rooms but listed on the web, there is a mini bar in the room (but on coresponding prices). Pools are clean both inside and the outtside ones towels are provided
which is a bounus. The Importance Resort is not near the Old Town you can catch the bus near the resort. If you are there for a week would recomend you buy the weekly ticket works out cheaper and gives you access to Museums and the Old Town Wall. Cable Car is worth a visit..

Room Tip: We were in the side rooms but they had balconys so could still see the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4Lynda
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is beautiful with an amazing beach and view on the Adriatic. However, the service is not what you expect with a four star hotel. The restaurant are quite bad for the price you pay. The only good food is the snack bar by the beach. The staff is nice but unhelpful. For example, I had ordered the sandwich but wanted to switch for a pizza nearly 2 seconds after placing my order but the waiter refused saying it was too late. In summary, beautiful but not getting your money's worth.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Marc-Alexandre T
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After travelling to larger cities around Europe, I just wanted to relax the 3 days I had in Dubrovnik. When I saw the photos of this hotel, it seemed to fit the bill. It's located "on the other side of Dubrovnik" away from Old Town, though this is not a bad thing. Going to Old Town is a quick bus/cab ride and trust me, once you walk around Old Town, you'll appreciate having your sanctuary away from all the hum drum.

The front desk/concierge helped me plan my days well. You can get bus/walking tour vouchers from them directly. The rooms are small, but most have sea views/balconies. I didn't realize you could open the balcony door 3 different ways and thought I broke it. Ha!

The breakfast was plentiful and accommodated my picky vegetarian diet. I really appreciated being able to dine alfresco for all meals overlooking the ocean.

The pools and swimming area were nice and the staff extremely courteous. Highly recommend if you're looking for R&R.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chrishy_NY
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My recent stay at the Importanne Resort was outstanding. Every aspect of service was great but most of all, the staff were friendly and helpful and never made you feel uncomfortable about the variety of questions I had about the hotel, the surrounding geography, and the history of the "old town". The person who looked after tidying my room spoke perfect English and was extremely helpful in explaining every aspect about the resort including my visits to the "old town" and surrounding area. I felt that I had an in-hose professional tourist guide. I emphasize this point because in the past, when visiting some areas of the globe, I felt that when asking questions , I was talked down to as if I should know the answers to my inquiries.
After staying at Importanne with my sailing friends (we sailed in the area for 1 week), I decided to book my vacation, for next year, with my wife and children. There are so many activities to keep you busy here but my friends particularly enjoyed a boat ride, provided by the resort, to observe- from the sea side- other areas in the vicinity of Dubrovnik. At lunch time, we had a stop over at one of the sea side restaurants including a swim in the Adriatic.
The food at the resort was exceptional and a huge choice for everyones dietary needs.
From looking at a map, one may think that proximity to the "old town" could be an issue. Personally, the distance had no impact on my friends or I. The bus ride was frequent and pleasant having met other travellers from all over the world. Distance was never an issue. Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends