“Great Dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Konoba Pupo
Ranked #131 of 365 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups, Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Notice: Konoba "PUPO" is located in the centre of the Old Town, inside the city walls. Miha Pracata 8
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Thanks for trip advisor (voted 4,5 over 5) we had our best fresh fish plates with taste of olive oil. Just ask for the advice of chief.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
elgotto1@aol.com
“Excellent Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is a typical tourist place in the Old Town. I wouldn't go here if your looking for interesting and creative cuisine. However if you fancy some basic, well cooked local seafood then by all means try the squid stew which was delish and the fresh fish platter. This isn't inexpensive but for the quality of the fish it was worth it. We had no problem with the staff at all although I do agree with other reviews that it took a bit long to be served. We were on holiday though and a glass of wine and good company was enough to keep us busy whilst waiting!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Could of been a lot better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

Myself and my boyfriend visited here from looking at the reviews on TA. When we arrived the waiter was very pleasant and the menu looked very pleasing, unfortunately we were in for a bit of a shock. I ordered the Pupo salad to start which was ok and my partner ordered risotto which wasn't risotto at all, it was over boiled rice in a cream sauce, although he did say the flavours were there. For main we had the seafood platter for two which consisted of cold langoustines, small, old and dried up mussels, 2 whole fish (which were the best part of the dish), 2 small prawns and boiled potatoes. During the meal, at no point did anyone come over and ask if everything was ok, or even offer us a side plate when they could see we were struggling to eat pieces of bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'm afraid we left very dissapointed and wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lauren L
Poole, UK
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Definetely that was not our best food experience in Dubrovnik. Maybe it was a lack of staff, but we did not feel welcome from beginning. Food took a very long time to come. My beef steak in truffle sauce was great. However, my girlfriend's fish fillet (what it was I cannot tell as our waitress wasn't sure either) came floating in oil and garlic. Besides we were never offered a desert and the bill took more than half an hour to come.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

We ate here with friends while visiting Dubrovnik after a recommendation from the owner of where we were staying, and had a magnificent meal. Ivan, our waiter, was friendly from the very beginning and made recommendations about food and wine. The menu is extensive and has some items not found on all the other "same old, same old" restaurant menus. My husband had steak which Ivan told us had been marinating for three days in olive oil and herbs. My husband pronounced it delicious and tender, being just cooked to perfection. I ordered Dubrovnik chicken, which was grilled chicken with a mushroom cream sauce. The flavors were delicate and also delicious. There had been a slight mix up with my meal and so a complimentary dessert was provided of a cake which was a combination of sponge and cheese cake, and again, very good. If you only try one restaurant in Dubrovnik, make this it!