Apartment Peppino
Villa Dubrovnik(Dubrovnik)
US$546
US$477
Travelocity
All reviewssmall kitchena great stayyour luggagewashing machinepile gatetown centregreat locationshuttle busold townair conditioningcable cartonkakettlestairsshowertvhost
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

This is a nice apartment in the heart of old town. There are very steep stairs to climb to get there, but it's only difficult when carrying luggage. Tonka was a great hostess. She was waiting for me when I arrived, very personable and friendly and even allowed me to store my luggage for a bit after checkout.
The room is basic, but spacious compared to a lot of rooms in Europe. The bottom floor apt can be very noisy at night (I was there on Friday night and could hear the music from a nearby bar until 2am).
Pricewise - you're basically paying for location. Places in old town are generally more expensive than other parts of Dubrovnik, but I loved being able to just walk less than a minute to restaurants/shops and entry to the city walls.
Overall my stay was very pleasant and I would definitely stay there again. Thanks Tonka!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Top appartment is fine with nice view and quiet. ground floor no view but to main alley and very near steep pathway bustle and late night domestic harranguing from neighbour flat one out of twonnights.
Clean rooms, friendly hosts.

Room Tip: Top flat has view to the south over the city. Nishta vegetarian restaurant 50m down to the lft is closed on Sundays
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

loved staying at apart bura! tonka was great! as for apartment stayed on top floor, had a
great view! nice to read and look out window in afternoon! great wifi! quiet! some people
complained about steps up hill but it is the old city and saw many a senior citizen climbing
those steps! so get in shape all you lazy spoiled tourists! this is life in the old city! by the way right
down the hill are two great places, divino wine bar and nista vegetarian restaurant! and lastly
bura is super affordable!

Room Tip: top room with view was great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank maris09
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We were given good directions by the owner, but no mention of the 80 stairs to reach the apartment! Our baggage was not particularly heavy and I am reasonably fit, but it was still a struggle to get it up all the steps. It's centrally located in the Old Town, and there are plenty of restaurants within a few minutes walk. The apartment itself is a reasonable size and comfortable enough. It has a small kitchenette, but the bathroom is very basic with an ill-fitting toilet seat, no toilet roll holder, and no soap holder in the shower. Not major problems but irritating as they could be easily fixed.
Good value for younger people, but old or unfit should avoid as the steps are heart-attack material!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank westozscot
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My friend and I stayed in Apartment Peppino which is the same place as Apartment Bura for 3 nights at the end of October. This is my first tripadvisor review and I’m pleased to be able to write a positive one.

Apartment Peppino is a block of 3 apartments and we rented two of those for €300 for 3 nights. We stayed in the ground floor apartment and the top floor apartment. The apartment block itself is very central in the old town located on a side street of the main street (Placa) near the Pile Gate. For access to the city its ideal although not recommended for those with mobility issues as it is up several flights of steep stairs, see others photos of the street. The proprietor, Tonka, was very friendly and met us at the bottom of the stairs and showed us the way and made sure we were comfortable in the flats, she also got a friend to provide us with a very reasonable private transfer to the airport on our return. She also very kindly put up with all my email questions before we even arrived.

The apartments are studio flats with very comfortable double beds and, important when staying in the autumn, extra bedding if needed. Each apartment comes with a kitchenette with two hobs, a kettle and a fridge perfect if you are self catering though we just used them for coffee and tea and breakfast. The shower was warm and the bathroom on the ground floor even comes with a washing machine, both have a settee or chair to relax on and a table and chairs. Access to the apartments is via communal entrance for the 3 flats with each apartment having its own lock. The ground floor flat looks on to the road and it can be quite noisy but shutting the shutters and windows helps. The top floor flat is up in the eaves of the building and has a fantastic view across the rooftops of Dubrovnik and seems to have a bit more space. There is great speed free wifi throughout which is perfect for accessing tripadvisor to find the next awesome restaurant/bar on a night out.

We both really enjoyed our time at Apartment Peppino, because of inclement weather the weekend we were in Dubrovnik we ended up spending more time than we'd planned in the flats. For €50 a night to stay in the town centre is very good value. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend to anyone.

On final tip, if its raining hard when you are in Dubrovnik be careful coming down the stairs from the apartment to the main street, I managed to fall down a flight of stairs losing my footing :(

Room Tip: If you are thinking of booking this I would definitely say the top floor apartment is the best for the view and extra space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends